RARR now available with AR Magazine

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

triggerman300
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:57 pm
Location: E-town,Pa

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by triggerman300 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:21 pm

I think I'll stick with my single shots,no magazine issues there and only need 1 shot anyway.

BulletFlight for Android
DutchV
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Baltimore, People's Republic of MD

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by DutchV » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:30 pm

triggerman300 wrote:I think I'll stick with my single shots,no magazine issues there and only need 1 shot anyway.
It's a shame there aren't any in production right now. I was looking for one myself.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.

PNW17
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by PNW17 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 pm

You can get a TC contender and get a 300 blk barrel from MGM. It’s expensive but it’s available.

DutchV
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Baltimore, People's Republic of MD

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by DutchV » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 pm

PNW17 wrote:You can get a TC contender and get a 300 blk barrel from MGM. It’s expensive but it’s available.
The price of that particular combo is most of the reason I went with the RARR. That, and some Cabela's credit card points.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.

2manyToys
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by 2manyToys » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm

DutchV wrote:The CDI bottom metal is $209. They'll inlet your stock for the cost of return shipping & insurance. Would you do this to a factory Ruger stock? Or buy a nicer one?

Magpul's MAG-931 stock for the Ruger American is now available for $255 retail. Has a full length bedding block so probably a little stiffer than the Ruger stock. Includes a mag but not the one for 300 Blackout.

If I had to have the factory Ruger with detachable mags, I'd sell off my current rifle at a bit of a loss and go buy the new one. That's likely the cheapest route but you would still have a factory stock that isn't very stiff. Plus the annoyance of re-mounting and zeroing the scope.

I'm leaning towards the Magpul, myself. Maybe prices will come down after it's been out awhile.
So what does the Magpul stock use, the factory 300 BLK mag?

DutchV
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Baltimore, People's Republic of MD

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by DutchV » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:02 am

2manyToys wrote: So what does the Magpul stock use, the factory 300 BLK mag?
It takes AICS short mags:

https://www.magpul.com/products/hunter- ... ort-action

Magpul makes AICS mags, but not in 5.56 or 300 Blackout :

https://www.magpul.com/firearms-accesso ... olt-action

Correct mags for 300 Blackout would be these or similar:

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/rif ... ?rrec=true

https://www.coreshooting.com/products/a ... 6-magazine
Making the bad man go away since 1982.

User avatar
pruhdlr
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:31 pm
Location: Cantonment,Florida

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by pruhdlr » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:13 am

Not for me for several reasons.
I have never had a problem with the factory rotary mags,and I have three.
I will never need more than 6 shots . . and if so,I always carry an extra mag.
I do not need/want a mag hanging below my gun. This is where I put my hand to carry it afield. --- pruhdlr
Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
STONER 63A / XM177E2

PNW17
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by PNW17 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 pm

PNW17 wrote:This is awesome, I will try to order one next week.
I finally got my RARR that takes AR mags. I previously had the Standard RARR with the flush mag. First impression is the stock is of significantly more rigid material and it doesn’t feel flimsy like the first model. The Forend in particular feels way more rigid. The AR mags wobble quite a bit back and forth and I am not pleased with that, though I think it could be shimmed. Initially the bolt throw was very rough but after about a hundred hard cycles both with and without ammo it smoothed up quite a bit. Will need to run a couple hundred rounds through it and see how it goes. I wil try to get to the range this week to break it in. AR mags are so much easier to load than the flush mount RARR mags.

Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1210
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:09 am
Location: NW Florida

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by Whole Bunches » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:08 am

DutchV wrote:
2manyToys wrote: So what does the Magpul stock use, the factory 300 BLK mag?
It takes AICS short mags:

https://www.magpul.com/products/hunter- ... ort-action

Magpul makes AICS mags, but not in 5.56 or 300 Blackout :

https://www.magpul.com/firearms-accesso ... olt-action

Correct mags for 300 Blackout would be these or similar:

https://www.brownells.com/magazines/rif ... ?rrec=true

https://www.coreshooting.com/products/a ... 6-magazine
Ah ha...I have a Ruger Precision 5.56 with multiple mags. Thus, if I got the Magpul stock for my RARR Blackout, I'd already have the correct mags to use.

PNW17
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: RARR now available with AR Magazine

Post by PNW17 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:54 pm

PNW17 wrote:
PNW17 wrote:This is awesome, I will try to order one next week.
I finally got my RARR that takes AR mags. I previously had the Standard RARR with the flush mag. First impression is the stock is of significantly more rigid material and it doesn’t feel flimsy like the first model. The Forend in particular feels way more rigid. The AR mags wobble quite a bit back and forth and I am not pleased with that, though I think it could be shimmed. Initially the bolt throw was very rough but after about a hundred hard cycles both with and without ammo it smoothed up quite a bit. Will need to run a couple hundred rounds through it and see how it goes. I wil try to get to the range this week to break it in. AR mags are so much easier to load than the flush mount RARR mags.
Ran about a hundred rounds through it today and it got more smooth. Tried all kinds of different mags and all worked well. Very pleased with the feeding. I had about 3 times where the bolt locked up and one time where I had to use a ramrod to eject a spent case bc it wouldn’t eject. Will have to watch that. Was shooting about 1-1.5 MOA with supers. I haven’t dialed in the subs yet. Overall I like it better so far compared to the the flush mag RARR and the CZ 527....so far at least.

Post Reply