Re: A different kind of 300 Blackout pistol

Post by Freedom1973 »

What a cool project.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Freedom1973 wrote:What a cool project.
It is. And some serious machining skills when you can start out with a Model 7 and end up with a Nucleus. :lol:
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

bangbangping wrote:
It is. And some serious machining skills when you can start out with a Model 7 and end up with a Nucleus. :lol:
I bought the Nucleus to build a long range rig in 6mm. Because it is a receiver I built a pistol first so I can go back and forth.

I have always wanted an XP100 but they are getting up there so I figured I might as well as start out with the Nucleus.

I accidentally blocked the person who gave me the Model 7 as a gift. And because I never heard from him I thought he was pissed so I returned it. Then I realized I had blocked him and after some apologies we are good so maybe I will get around to building it next. I like the Nucleus better because it uses a R700 stocks and triggers but Savage barrels.

I might make another barrel and start chopping the length down to see exactly how short I can go before the bullets are no longer stable. I just need to get to feeling better first. I built the Nucleus because I could not let it sit in the safe after spending all the money in it. It is likely my last serious build.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Simply bad ass DS.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
PNW17
Senior Silent Operator

Post by PNW17 »

This is awesome. What kind of mags are you using? I am thinking about doing something similar but with a 6-8” barrel. Thinking about a Rem 700 with an AB Mod-x chassis then SBR it and do a folding stock.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

PNW17 wrote:This is awesome. What kind of mags are you using? I am thinking about doing something similar but with a 6-8” barrel. Thinking about a Rem 700 with an AB Mod-x chassis then SBR it and do a folding stock.
They are AIC pattern 223 magazines. I am having some tilting that I need to investigate.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
PNW17
Senior Silent Operator

Post by PNW17 »

Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

bangbangping wrote:
Guess I need a shop and some serious machining skills. LOL!
lawboy
Silent Operator

Post by lawboy »

lawboy wrote:Neat project. Be sure that this was not a rifle receiver. The fact that it was bare does not mean that it was not registered by Remington with ATF as a rifle receiver when Remington accounted for it in its production report to ATF. That report is what determines rifle, pistol, firearm or other. The fact that it was a new bare receiver is meaningless. Just looking out for you.
He speaks the truth. You need factory records to know.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

lawboy wrote:
lawboy wrote:Neat project. Be sure that this was not a rifle receiver. The fact that it was bare does not mean that it was not registered by Remington with ATF as a rifle receiver when Remington accounted for it in its production report to ATF. That report is what determines rifle, pistol, firearm or other. The fact that it was a new bare receiver is meaningless. Just looking out for you.
He speaks the truth. You need factory records to know.
The Nucleus is and was made and transferred as a receiver. It was never been a rifle before I built it into a pistol.

I am full aware of the laws surrounding all of this.

I no longer have the Remington receiver but it too was sold as a new receiver, that transferred as a receiver. They were sold by a MAJOR online retailer as receivers and not stripped down rifle receivers.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!