CZ527 300 Blackout

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

lawboy
Silent Operator

CZ527 300 Blackout

Post by lawboy »

Will you fine folks who own these please provide us led fortunate souls with pics nd info. About the rifles. Rock quality, barrel quality, magazine reliability, etc. I have the 7.62x39 carbine and am very interested in getting the 300 to go with my Micro 7. Just need some info. Thanks!
farright

Re: CZ527 300 Blackout

Post by farright »

this is my first post and answering a question. I have only had my cz527 black out for a week had time to shoot it one day. I mentioned I wanted one to my wife and she surprised me by buying it. I truly was surprised but this isn't the first time she has done this. that may be part of the reason we have been married for 49 years going on 50. If you already own a cz then you know the quality is first rate. That is my opinion and others might not agree. I shot it at 25 yards and then moved to 50 yards after getting it on the paper. The scope I used was for a 17 hmr the only one I didn't have on a rifle and it really sucked. that said I shot 2 loads one speer 110 gr. sp and another a 150 gr. speer sp. I am a dedicated cast bullet shooter as I am too tight to pay for jacketed bullets. I shot jacketed bullets because I feel they remove any tool marks that might have been left. the bore looked very good and probably didn't need my to use jacketed bullets. anyway I did shoot a group with each bullet and at 50 they were right about an inch. my load was with accurate 9. I know I can find loads that will do that and better at 100 yards and I think I can get it to do that at 100 with cast bullets. my real purpose on this forum is to learn about the cartridge and find data for cast bullets. I really don't need a lot of speed or power I just need enough to penetrate both sides of one sheet of paper. anyway so far the forum looks interesting and I look forward to learning more. farright aka joe g.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=101079
The thread I started about mine. Other fellows chimed in. I find mine accurate and is smoother operating after working the bolt a few hundred times.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
farright

Post by farright »

wow don't know why I couldn't find the rest of the post. I thought your post was the first one. I will check more carefully
Oso Polaris

Post by Oso Polaris »

The CZ 527 is based on a micro mauser action, which is more compact and lighter than standard Rem 700. Rifle features a set trigger (sub-1lb when set), external drop box magazine (3-rounder fits flush and 5-rounder extends about 1" below stock), and comes with scope rings. The CZ 527 chambered in 300 BO and .223 share the same bolt, receiver, magazine, and stock inlet. The only difference between rifles chambered in these two cartridges is the barrel.

Advantage of CZ 527 is you don't need to add aftermarket trigger or drop box magazine.

Issues:
1) Synthetic stock is not rigid enough to support use of a bipod. Similar to Hogue over-mold stock on Rem 700, the tip of the fore-end makes contact with the barrel.
Solution: Live with it, replace stock with factory walnut stock, or buy aftermarket BellCarlson fiberglass stock.

2) Magazine - along either side of the magazine (toward the front) are two indentation / recessed areas designed to assist the alignment of the necks on .223 cartridges (remember that 300BO shares same mag designed for .223). This restriction causes interference with the wider diameter of the 300BO bullet. The result is that the bullet binds causing the round to appear as if it is nose-diving when in fact the nose is stuck in the constricted area while the rear of cartridge gets pushed upward by the follower.
Solution: Load bullets short to avoid this constricted area; select bullet profiles that limits the ogee contact; mill out the metal that is indented/recessed; Pray that CZ wakes up and manufactures magazines specific for 300BO without the indentations.
etmci

Post by etmci »

I ordered a 527 in 300BO from buds gun shop. Should be here on Wednesday. I did this after much reading and some more reading and thinking. I'm not new to the blackout. I have a radical firearms upper on a bushmaster lower that I'm quite happy with. I can't get the NOE 311365 to chamber in the radical upper and am hoping I can use it in the CZ. I think the throat in the radical is too tight. Anyone have any thoughts other than nose sizing?
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

Even if you can't get the cast bullet to feed from the 527's magazine, you could always try a Bob Sled:

http://www.originalbobsled.com/
etmci

Post by etmci »

Received my 527 yesterday and made it to the range today. Overall I am very pleased. The rifle really liked my 125 gr jacketed loads. Both Hornady SST's and Speer TNT's. Load was 18.0 grains of H110. Shot some good groups at 100 yards. Best group was with the TNT bullet, first 3 shots clustered into 1 hole then the other 2 shots opened the group to a little over an inch. the SST's weren't far behind with the best group around an inch and a half. Shot a few PC'd 311365's loaded with 1680. Going to have to work on a good load for these as one load doesn't mean they won't shoot. The barrel might need a few more jacketed thru it before it settles in for cast also. I'm not thrilled with the magazine that came with the rifle. Rounds nose dive as Rebel has said in another thread. I might try getting another magazine and see how that works.