CZ 527 300 BLK

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

PNW17
Senior Silent Operator

Re: CZ 527 300 BLK

Post by PNW17 »

Anybody know where to get mags for these? Dealer didn't have them.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

dellet wrote:Are the scope mounts "0" 20 MOA?
Dellet there is no mention of that in the book or online. I will have to assume it's an optical illusion. The scope seems to be on a level mount.
CZ rings ain't cheap and I'll work with what I got, for typical target and hunting I'm sure it will be OK but you know I am researching it :mrgreen:
I like all up in my scope.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Alderleet

Post by Alderleet »

Mine shipped with rings from Cz. (Thanks mil/leo program)

Two things that jumped out at me:

1. The stock front end is touching the right side of the barrel, and there's a solid 1/8" gap on the left side. Not impressed there

2. The mag is difficult to load, and I'm noticing its difficult to feed from.

There seems to be a widening at the front part of the lips that makes the rounds sorta seize up when loading them in by hand. The mag follower nose dives hard, and it makes loading real fun when all the rounds start pointing down and you have to overcome that.

So yeah. I took a nail file to the lips to smooth them out, since they were a bit chattered from the forming process, and it smoothed it out quite a bit, but the follower still bugs the hell out of me.

But, its light and smooth. I've run the action several hundred times, and its getting close to buttery smooth.

I almost wish it came with a wood stock instead, because I really dont care for the sythetic stock.
rbp75503

Post by rbp75503 »

Alderleet wrote:Mine shipped with rings from Cz. (Thanks mil/leo program)

1. The stock front end is touching the right side of the barrel, and there's a solid 1/8" gap on the left side. Not impressed there

There seems to be a widening at the front part of the lips that makes the rounds sorta seize up when loading them in by hand. The mag follower nose dives hard, and it makes loading real fun when all the rounds start pointing down and you have to overcome that.

So yeah. I took a nail file to the lips to smooth them out, since they were a bit chattered from the forming process, and it smoothed it out quite a bit, but the follower still bugs the hell out of me.

But, its light and smooth. I've run the action several hundred times, and its getting close to buttery smooth.

I almost wish it came with a wood stock instead, because I really dont care for the sythetic stock.
Might try adjusting the mag spring. I had a MDT mag that rounds were nose diving after the 1st round on my savage 300 build. I squeezed the spring at the back of the follower so that the spring and follower were canted as show in the following pic.
[url=http://imgur.com/k5804Qw][img]http ... pg?1[/img][/url]
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Loosen the action screws, push barrel to the opposite side it is touching and retighten the action screws. There should be plenty to free float the barrel. You could also skim bed the action. I can talk you through the easiest and best way to do that. I have bedded at least a dozen different actions of mine and accuracy always gets better.

WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

First pics of one I've seen in the wild. My LGS still hasn't been able to get their hands on one.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I see the .223 carbine comes with a wood stock. Maybe it will be offered at some point in 300 BLK. I'm not getting anymore synthetic stocks guns. Part of gun ownership to me is the aesthetics. I'm just old school.
Alderleet

Post by Alderleet »

So I fixed the mag issue. The follower still wants to nose dive, because the spring is mostly contained in the rear of the mag, with a small front blip to control the front of the follower.

I had to press the mag tighter in the middle, where the feedlips start, and that made loading easier. Must've been a bit of warp from when the mag was welded.

The thing I'm noticing is that I think the feed lips extend too far forward, since the case neck starts about 5/16" behind the front of the feed lips when loaded. I'm curious if CZ would consider grinding the feed lips back, so loading on has to only overcome the outside body diameter, instead of nose diving the loaded cartridges when pressing a round in and it pushes against the case neck.

I'm still not a huge fan of the stock. I disassembled and retightened, but had to fight a little getting the bottom metal guided into the bottom of the receiver, while also trying to make the barrel more centered in the barrel channed in the foreend. I believe that my stock has a bit of left leaning warp, because even after wrestling with it to move the action slightly left, the best I could accomplish was a about a 1/16 gap on the right side.

I may stuff my stock in a padded vice, and press into it to get the front end more centered.

I've been playing with the action for a week now, and the intial machining drag is now gone. I finally added a bit of grease to the bolt and action/camming surfaces, and it runs like smooth glass now.

I'm a tall guy (6'5"), and the rifle doesnt feel way too short in LOP. Its short, but not bad.

I like how handy the 16" barrel is, and how light it is with my osprey can attached.

It feels much more quality than the ruger american rifle I was considering in 300blk. If I can swap to a wood stock, I would take this hands freaking down over a ruger any day of the week. I have a RPR, and i'm accustomed to the new ruger actions, but this is a whole new level.

All in all, solid reccomend. Even more so if you can swap a wood stock.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

The magazine that came with my 527 in 7.62x39 was borked, wouldn't feed reliably. Both of the replacement mags I bought are good.
PNW17
Senior Silent Operator

Post by PNW17 »

CZ Website has the mags in stock at $40 a pop. Pricey.