Rem micro 7

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rem micro 7

Post by wildfowler »

I know he mentioned it above but he wasn't talking about using 1680 and super quiet sub loads for a bolt action. With some fine-tuning on both load and stock I found a load using Solo1000 under a 220 grain SMK that will put five shots in one hole at 50 yards and is stunningly quiet doing so.

Solo1000 powder is recommended by accurate powder company as a good choice for developing sub loads. It's very bulky. I don't remember the charge I'm using off the top of my head but a double charge will spill out of the top of the 300 blk case.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

wildfowler wrote:I know he mentioned it above but he wasn't talking about using 1680 and super quiet sub loads for a bolt action. With some fine-tuning on both load and stock I found a load using Solo1000 under a 220 grain SMK that will put five shots in one hole at 50 yards and is stunningly quiet doing so.

Solo1000 powder is recommended by accurate powder company as a good choice for developing sub loads. It's very bulky. I don't remember the charge I'm using off the top of my head but a double charge will spill out of the top of the 300 blk case.
Oh, just thanks a heap.

Always another powder to try with this damn cartridge :lol:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

dellet wrote: Oh, just thanks a heap.

Always another powder to try with this damn cartridge :lol:
Just doing my part. I'll show up every now and then just to drop a bomb like this on someone, unsuspecting.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
lawboy
Silent Operator

Post by lawboy »

Love my Micro 7. I bedded the front action screw, camo painted the stock, mounted a PA 1-6 ACSS SCOPE and added a Timney. Everyone who shoots it, loves it. I shoot only supers in it; jacketed and lead.