Rem micro 7

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Kman

Rem micro 7

Post by Kman »

I purchased this rifle and quickly found it to be a blast to shoot. Now I started reloading, my 300 BO ARs don't get any attention. I had issues with the action being gritty and at times hard to manipulate. Thought I could live with it but it was to much. Sent it back to Remington and it's smooth as butter and I couldn't ask for better customer service!!! Only mod has been a timney trigger. What are others experience with this little rifle and any issues that came up?
Kman

Re: Rem micro 7

Post by Kman »

Kman wrote:I purchased this rifle and quickly found it to be a blast to shoot. Now I started reloading, my 300 BO ARs don't get any attention. I had issues with the action being gritty and at times hard to manipulate. Thought I could live with it but it was to much. Sent it back to Remington and it's smooth as butter and I couldn't ask for better customer service!!! Only mod has been a timney trigger. What are others experience with this little rifle and any issues that came up?

Well I guess I'm the only one that had issues with this rifle. I do think it's a fun little rifle now it's running smooth.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Kman wrote:
Kman wrote:I purchased this rifle and quickly found it to be a blast to shoot. Now I started reloading, my 300 BO ARs don't get any attention. I had issues with the action being gritty and at times hard to manipulate. Thought I could live with it but it was to much. Sent it back to Remington and it's smooth as butter and I couldn't ask for better customer service!!! Only mod has been a timney trigger. What are others experience with this little rifle and any issues that came up?

Well I guess I'm the only one that had issues with this rifle. I do think it's a fun little rifle now it's running smooth.
I don't own one. I don't recall there being more than maybe 20 people posting about them when they initially came out. They like them but there may have been few little issues like you mention but I think for the most part people liked em.
Kman

Post by Kman »

tallburnedmidget wrote:
Kman wrote:

I don't own one. I don't recall there being more than maybe 20 people posting about them when they initially came out. They like them but there may have been few little issues like you mention but I think for the most part people liked em.
I appreciate the input. I had no experience with 300 BO before I bought the rifle and I had not started reloading. Now I reload I'm glad I have the rifle and found this forum!!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Kman wrote:
tallburnedmidget wrote:
Kman wrote:

I appreciate the input. I had no experience with 300 BO before I bought the rifle and I had not started reloading. Now I reload I'm glad I have the rifle and found this forum!!

No prob. The 300BLK caliber is amazingly versatile and lends itself to a ton of different applications!
If you ever shoot a subsonic suppressed load tailored to a bolt action/single shot rifle using fast burning pistol powder, you will be amazed at how quiet it is! It's crazy quiet!

You will enjoy your new 300BLK adventure for sure :)
Kman

Post by Kman »

tallburnedmidget wrote:
Kman wrote:
tallburnedmidget wrote:

No prob. The 300BLK caliber is amazingly versatile and lends itself to a ton of different applications!
If you ever shoot a subsonic suppressed load tailored to a bolt action/single shot rifle using fast burning pistol powder, you will be amazed at how quiet it is! It's crazy quiet!

I'm working on it! I need to drop a couple 10ths of 1680 and then move to testing different seating depths, I'm close!!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Kman wrote:
tallburnedmidget wrote:
Kman wrote:

I'm working on it! I need to drop a couple 10ths of 1680 and then move to testing different seating depths, I'm close!!
1680 and gritty go together.
1680 and quiet do not go together.

You might consider some other powders. The Micro 7 is a very good rifle you will enjoy it.

The only problem that has come up multiple times is the scope rail coming loose. I think loctite was an extra charge.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Kman

Post by Kman »

dellet wrote:
Kman wrote:
tallburnedmidget wrote:

1680 and gritty go together.
1680 and quiet do not go together.

You might consider some other powders. The Micro 7 is a very good rifle you will enjoy it.

The only problem that has come up multiple times is the scope rail coming loose. I think loctite was an extra charge.
LOL on the Loctite. I'm still learning and have been scouring this forum for load data and there is lots of it!!! I will be trying some different powders in time. I started with h110 for supers and and the 1680 for subs. I have a few pistol powders that I have found load data for on here I will eventually try. SO MANY OPTIONS and so little time!!!
lawboy
Silent Operator

Post by lawboy »

I like mine just fine.
bcr308

Post by bcr308 »

I love mine. I have no issues. I put a vortex pst scope, timney 2 stage trigger (for a 700) and a suppressor. Just waiting for deer season to start