Is the Remington 700 300BLK fixed now?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Boosh

Is the Remington 700 300BLK fixed now?

Post by Boosh »

Hello from New Zealand. Just one question from me before I dip my toes in to the world of 300BLK. I'm looking for a quiet, short range/bush gun that will be used for culling goats. It will be used with 300BLK subsonic rounds and a suppressor. My preference is for a bolt action. Options are limited, even more so in this part of the world, comes down to the Ruger Ranch Rifle and the Remington. I've read so much good and bad about both rifles that now I'm now totally confused! Have Remington sorted out this rifle by now?
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Is the Remington 700 300BLK fixed now?

Post by smustian »

Send forum member Walkers Bay a PM to find out where things are available in NZ.
tikkablk
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Is the Remington 700 300BLK fixed now?

Post by tikkablk »

Hi Boosh, yes we are limited to bolt action 300 Blackout rifles. A good friend of mine got a Rem 700 300BLK 3 years ago with the propper 1:7 barrel and he's had no issues with ejecting brass. I set the whole rifle up for him with a Kahles 4-12x50 with ballistics reticle zeroed in for 60m using handload 208gr A-max subsonics, I also lightened the trigger up too for him. He head shoots all pigs and deer. I am about start reloading some cast 151gr hollow points for him soon for body shots on pigs as they are a lot cheaper the the Lehigh projectiles. I know there are more guys using the Ruger 300BLK because of the cheaper price of the rifle.

Cz are meant to be bringing out a 300BLK soon.
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-americ ... sor-ready/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQC36k5rUDE