Thanks for your help! Ruger American Ranch Rifle 300 AAC Blackout

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300black
Silent Operator

Thanks for your help! Ruger American Ranch Rifle 300 AAC Blackout

Post by 300black »

Look what followed me home. Sale for $399 at Cabelas. Not a great price, but no one else seems to have them in stock and the ones that were cheaper would end up being more after shipping and FFL fees. I wanted to have a 300 BO to test out my suppressor with this year. Now I just need to get a scope for it and put my Sig suppressor on it. Can't wait to shoot it. Thanks for your input on helping me with this purchase.

80hp
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thanks for your help! Ruger American Ranch Rifle 300 AAC Blackout

Post by 80hp »

Welcome to the club! You will enjoy the RARR!
A few hints:
-The channel in the bolt where the bolt stop runs can be sharp enough to draw blood. You can just run a stone along it a few times to dull it.
-Some magazines may have a little ridge at the inside front that can be scraped off with a knife. The magazine will actually hold 6 cartridges.
-The mouth of a case will occasionally catch on the mouth of the chamber when feeding. More crimp on your reloads will help stop this problem. As the rifle is used the edge of the chamber will round off and the trouble will go away.
-Some compact scopes will have a short distance between the turret and the eyepiece. The rear mount in its rearmost position may not allow the scope to be mounted far enough to the rear to get the proper eye relief.
-The recoil pad will stick to the inside of some gun cases if the rifle is stored for a long time. This will also occur with other brands of recoil pads. I just slip a plastic bag over the butt.
Enjoy your rifle!
M.
THANKS! TO THE AMERICAN VOTERS FOR DEFEATING CLINTON AND MAKING TRUMP OUR PRESIDENT! :D
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

80hp wrote:Welcome to the club! You will enjoy the RARR!
A few hints:
-The channel in the bolt where the bolt stop runs can be sharp enough to draw blood. You can just run a stone along it a few times to dull it.
-Some magazines may have a little ridge at the inside front that can be scraped off with a knife. The magazine will actually hold 6 cartridges.
-The mouth of a case will occasionally catch on the mouth of the chamber when feeding. More crimp on your reloads will help stop this problem. As the rifle is used the edge of the chamber will round off and the trouble will go away.
-Some compact scopes will have a short distance between the turret and the eyepiece. The rear mount in its rearmost position may not allow the scope to be mounted far enough to the rear to get the proper eye relief.
-The recoil pad will stick to the inside of some gun cases if the rifle is stored for a long time. This will also occur with other brands of recoil pads. I just slip a plastic bag over the butt.
Enjoy your rifle!
M.

Thanks!

Do you have a pic of the the channel in the bolt that is sharp? I couldn't find it when I looked.
80hp
Silent But Deadly

Post by 80hp »

The serial number in the picture is in the groove ( channel ). The groove ( channel ) extends back nearly to the bolt handle. Ruger may have corrected the problem by now. I have an early rifle.
M.
THANKS! TO THE AMERICAN VOTERS FOR DEFEATING CLINTON AND MAKING TRUMP OUR PRESIDENT! :D
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

300black wrote:Look what followed me home. Sale for $399 at Cabelas. Not a great price, but no one else seems to have them in stock and the ones that were cheaper would end up being more after shipping and FFL fees. I wanted to have a 300 BO to test out my suppressor with this year. Now I just need to get a scope for it and put my Sig suppressor on it. Can't wait to shoot it. Thanks for your input on helping me with this purchase.

ENJOY!!

One of my favorites!!

This from the day mine came home.

How she looks today.

Some of her shooting.

Image110g VGeddon w/296 powder @ 100 yards.

Image5 Barnes TX bullets @ 100 same load as above.

Image Here is 5 150 Hornadys w/4227 @ 100

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

80hp wrote:The serial number in the picture is in the groove ( channel ). The groove ( channel ) extends back nearly to the bolt handle. Ruger may have corrected the problem by now. I have an early rifle.
M.

Thanks!
iplaywithnoshoes

Post by iplaywithnoshoes »

Congrats on your purchase! I hope it works as well as mine! It's wonderfully accurate with that barrel length and one of the smoothest actions I have ever operated. Not a bad package for $399. Just waiting for HPA to pass.

shoe
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

80hp wrote:The serial number in the picture is in the groove ( channel ). The groove ( channel ) extends back nearly to the bolt handle. Ruger may have corrected the problem by now. I have an early rifle.
M.
Are uou associated with the Quinn's or just pull that pic off yhe internet?

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I really like those rifles.

Had they existed when I built my AR upper, I would've almost certainly picked it up over the upper I built.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
80hp
Silent But Deadly

Post by 80hp »

Are uou associated with the Quinn's or just pull that pic off yhe internet?

CW
No association, just a handy illustration from this article. http://gunblast.com/Ruger-AmericanRR.htm
After I read about the RARR, I dropped my plans to re-barrel a Mossberg MVP to 300 Blk. I immediately started searching, and found one at my LGS in December of 2014 for $409.
M.