Rem 700 Bottom Metal

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

WilliamSS2025
Silent Operator

Rem 700 Bottom Metal

Post by WilliamSS2025 »

Good day gents.

I have a remmy 700 w/ timney stright trigger in a HS precision stock currently. I've always wanted the bottom metal deal but i've never done anything with it mainly due to the fact of cost and not really needing it.

Recently I've taken up casting the NOE 227/247 grain hollow point and to get it to "decently" feed I've had to load them down to 2.000." which is fine but by decently i mean they still get hung on the side of the chamber due to the remmy's flor plate mag pushing them out in a double stack fashion as far as i can tell.

So this brings me to the point of the post. A bottom metal 10 round mag appears to be a single stack more so than the BDL hinged floor plate. I was thinking of getting the hunter 700 stock, bottom metal and a american built arms 223 mag off of midwayusa. Has anyone used this setup in a 300 blk bolt gun and how does it work?

side note i hear the straight trigger will need to either be shorted up or i will have to remove material from the bottom metal? has anyone done this?

lastly, is there a better bottom metal out there that isn't 300.00 that still can run a ACIS mag?

Thank you !
broadoakarmoury

Re: Rem 700 Bottom Metal

Post by broadoakarmoury »

Try Stocky's stocks, they had DBM kits on sale a while back. Want to say one was down to ~ 200$

Also why change your stock? You should be able to install a DBM kit into your HS with minimal inletting (I've done it many times both for myself and others) If you don't have a mill, it can be done with careful clamping of guides and a router, dremel or even a file and lots of patience.
JimmyT
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyT »

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/remingto ... 3-556.html

Take a look at this one. It will accept standard AR 15 mags. I am really thinking about this to help with my rifles feeding of reloads with the new Rainier Ballistics Wedge 180 grain projectiles.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

call cdi they will inlet the dbm for free if you buy it from them . they use the aic mags
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

jwb47 wrote:call cdi they will inlet the dbm for free if you buy it from them . they use the aic mags
I looked at them when contemplating converting an ADL to BDL. When I saw that AIC mags are $80 each, they got cancelled off my consideration list.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

yeah aint it crazy ? mags for my savage fcp-sr are 51.00 a piece.