kimber adirondack...

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

thresk

kimber adirondack...

Post by thresk » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Been thinking about getting one for a while but kinda nervous about such a big purchase with so few reviews, at least those that don't seem like just promotions. About the only seemingly "honest" review I saw on youtube was some dude who may or may not know what he's talkin about heh.

Looks like you can get one for ~$1,400 which seems like a fair price if it's as good as it sounds on paper. Does anyone here have any experience with this gun (in 300blk specifically)?

BulletFlight for Android
tikkablk
Senior Silent Operator

Re: kimber adirondack...

Post by tikkablk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:15 am

If I was to get a factory blackout the Kimber would be the one. The thing I really like about the Kimber is it’s the only stainless steel factory rifle, threaded barrel, carbon fibre stock and 3-position wing safety and Mauser-style claw extractor with controlled round feeding. A lot of pros going for it and the only con is the price but you get what you pay for.

For me since I mainly run subs for hunting is I would chop the barrel to 12” .

osteodoc08

Re: kimber adirondack...

Post by osteodoc08 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:24 pm

I’ve got 4 Kimber rifles. All are shooters. I’ve got an original 82G in 22lr, Open Country in 6.5 CM, Longmaster Classic in 308 and Varmint in 22-250. All are sub MOA (centerfire) with hand loads and have been easy to develop loads for. My next one will be either an Adirondack in 7mm-08 or SubAlpine in 280 AI.