16.5" Rem 700 300BLK build

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Re: rjacobs Re: 16.5" Rem 700 300BLK build

Post by rjacobs »

Da Shadow wrote:Is installing the pillars something a gunsmith should do or is it "DIY"?
I'm going to use my buddies mill but honestly i think it could be done carefully with a drill. Just have to drill out the holes straight. I'm on the fence on bedding the pillars because in this setup they are really just for setting action height to bottom metal height for proper feeding.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Re: 16.5" Rem 700 300BLK build

Post by jwb47 »

rjacobs wrote:
jwb47 wrote:stockys has the b&c stocks pre-inletted for the m5 stealth metal .
Last i looked it was for the m4 metal or something like that. At least on the tactical medallist.
I could of swore it was for the m5 but you are about to see me say something not many people have . I could be wrong . :shock: I looked at so many options when i put the new stock on my gun I finally just said to hell with it and went with the remington hinged floor plate .

edit . You are correct it is the wyatt m4 for the bell and carlson . I just went and looked. I will blame it on a senior moment .
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

jwb47 wrote:
rjacobs wrote:
jwb47 wrote:stockys has the b&c stocks pre-inletted for the m5 stealth metal .
Last i looked it was for the m4 metal or something like that. At least on the tactical medallist.
I could of swore it was for the m5 but you are about to see me say something not many people have . I could be wrong . :shock: I looked at so many options when i put the new stock on my gun I finally just said to hell with it and went with the remington hinged floor plate .

edit . You are correct it is the wyatt m4 for the bell and carlson . I just went and looked. I will blame it on a senior moment .
I just went and looked and yea, m4 bottom metal, which most of the guys have switched to the Badger M5 style. I cant remember the issue with the M4 style, but I think they used proprietary mags. The M5 style uses common AICS mags.

I know whatever it was I didnt want to go with it so I was going to have to spend money to get the BDL version of the stock inlet to use the M5 DBM bottom metal and that added cost that I just couldnt justify on a "cheap" project build.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

lol I just went to wyatts web site to refresh my memory and hell yes its the price . 313.00 plus 69.00 a piece for extra magazines . thats what I paid for 10 shot magazines for my akdal mk1919 shotgun .
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

jwb47 wrote:lol I just went to wyatts web site to refresh my memory and hell yes its the price . 313.00 plus 69.00 a piece for extra magazines . thats what I paid for 10 shot magazines for my akdal mk1919 shotgun .
Stocky's has the Wyatt's M4 for 270 with a mag, but I dont have 270 into this whole stock, PTG M5 bottom metal AND an AICS mag. If I choose to, in the future, use this bottom metal in a different stock, M5 inlet is SO EASY to come by that I can just swap it around, but if I had gone with something with M4 inlet, its not so easy to find stocks inlet for that. And the fact that the Wyatt's mags are proprietary where as this M5 metal uses a standard AICS mag, which, while not on the cheap side, at least work in damn near everything since most BDM setups have standardized on the AI mags.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

Just got the Boyds stock from midway. PTI bottom metal fits right in. AICS mags feed and function just fine.

So, do i need to pay the local gunsmith to do a bedding job or can i just drop the action inot the stock,screw the new bottom metal on and go?
Z71

Post by Z71 »

I'm extremely new to this. Did your gun come with the hinged floorplate that only holds 5 or so rounds, and you converted it to accept a magazine?
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

I wish I knew how to do this conversion, but pillar and bedding, well I do not know how to or what those are are.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

you tube is your friend . watch the video's and see if it looks like something you can do .