Savage PCS

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Savage PCS

Post by bearcatrp »

Anyone see this new bolt action pistol from Savage. This in 300 BO would be interesting. Just a little pricey.
https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=fi ... ry&s=57797
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Re: Savage PCS

Post by 2manyToys »

I think it's a bargain when compared to the Q Fix and the Christensen Arms MPP, though understandably not in the same class. I really like the left handed bolt with right hand ejection. Wish it was a faster twist than 1:8. Nobody has them in stock yet.
moto vita

Post by moto vita »

I'd probably buy one if I could get a 4-5 round magazine for it.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Anyone find any in stock? I hate vaporware.
dtanner

Post by dtanner »

bearcatrp wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:06 pm Anyone find any in stock? I hate vaporware.
It says in stock as of right now.
https://modernwarriors.com/product/110- ... bbl-300blk
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Found that one too a bit later after I posted my message. Others out of stock are showing $899.00. I emailed savage and there reply was it was shipping already but demand is high. Will have to keep an eye out. Want to try the 300 BO version with my sandman-S.
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

I bought one as soon as they were available. It shoots well and I really like the left-hand bolt. I would prefer that it take AR magazines, but oh well.

I'm not happy with the finish in the bore as it pretty rough. I shot some PC'd cast subs and had lots of leading. Recovered bullets shot into crumb rubber were almost bare (they passed the smash test perfectly). The powder coat was no match for the rough bore. After a thorough cleaning, I ran my bore scope through the barrel and confirmed my suspicions about roughness. I understand that this is somewhat typical with Savage barrels. I plan to lightly lap the barrel with JB bore paste to see if I can improve the finish.
moto vita

Post by moto vita »

I'm still waiting until I see a 5 round magazine, anybody seen one yet?

Edit. I just searched and see that Accurate-Mag has a 5 round steel available. I'd prefer plastic and they're a bit expensive since I'd want 4 of them to play the game i want to play.
Does anyone have a photo of a PCS with one of the 5 round mags installed?
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

You folks who actually found one are lucky. Been looking for months for a 300 BO. I emailed Savage about availability. Was told they are getting to the stores but demand is high. That was 2 months ago. Since then, have called or checked web sites, about 300 around the country. Zero, nadda. Everyone I actually talked to said have yet to see a 300BO version much less any PCS from savage. Emailed savage back to tell them they were full of shit. Might build my own.
moto vita

Post by moto vita »

bearcatrp wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:04 pm You folks who actually found one are lucky. Been looking for months for a 300 BO. I emailed Savage about availability. Was told they are getting to the stores but demand is high. That was 2 months ago. Since then, have called or checked web sites, about 300 around the country. Zero, nadda. Everyone I actually talked to said have yet to see a 300BO version much less any PCS from savage. Emailed savage back to tell them they were full of shit. Might build my own.
https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/sa ... 67395.html