quick ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Jethro99
Silent Operator

quick ?

Post by Jethro99 »

Buddy of mine wants me to switch out his 16" bbl with a 20". He wants to keep the 6 position stock. It's his yote gun and they run'em with hounds, in the snow. so the adjustable stock to fit the jacket for the day, -20 to 40 deg.
Will keeping the carbine buffer give us a problem? I've done it the other way, 16" with A-2 stock and rifle buffer.
The crime is not shooting poorly, the crime is not learning to shoot better.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: quick ?

Post by smustian »

You might have to play with the buffer weight but you can make it work with a collapsible stock.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

shouldnt be a problem unsuppressed.

my lower gets paired with 16" blackout, 16" 223, 20" 223 and 24" 204 ruger, no worries
once i suppress the 223 uppers though, i've had to lightly tweak things to prevent some overgassing - even on the 20" upper.

i'm expierementing with buffer weight combo's right now and plan to test the 16" carbine gas blackout suppressed with subs with a H2 and see if it cycles.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

I've got 16s on Car and Mid length gas, an 18 on rifle gas, all running 6 pos stocks, H - H2 buffers, they all run. 20" on rifle gas will be a soft shooter, that's for sure.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
The Collector

Post by The Collector »

Jethro99 wrote:Buddy of mine wants me to switch out his 16" bbl with a 20". He wants to keep the 6 position stock. It's his yote gun and they run'em with hounds, in the snow. so the adjustable stock to fit the jacket for the day, -20 to 40 deg.
Will keeping the carbine buffer give us a problem? I've done it the other way, 16" with A-2 stock and rifle buffer.
My first 20" build had a standard carbine stock and buffer and it worked fine.