JP low mass bolt carrier group
JP captured spring buffer system
CMC 2+2 two stage trigger
KAK Shockwave Blade
Spikes Tactical Barking Spider Compensator
AXTS Talon Ambi Safety
Odinworks extended Mag Release
ERGO grip

Shoots very well (about 1/2 MOA). This is my best 5 shot group so far at just .394 MOA. Definitely a keeper.

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: First 300 Blackout Pistol Build

Post by smustian »

Nice build but definitely not classified as a pistol since you have that butt stock on it.
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

Just askin, but isn't the Shockwave considered an "arm brace" like the Sig Brace ? I thought it was, but I haven't been following that fiasco.
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

svh wrote:Just askin, but isn't the Shockwave considered an "arm brace" like the Sig Brace ? I thought it was, but I haven't been following that fiasco.
the way i understand it....

if used as intended its classified as an arm brace just like the sig product is.

if you shoulder it and use it like a stock - then you're into the same naughty territory as you would be with the sig brace unless you have a stamp. (which would no longer make it a pistol anyway since its stamped as a SBR)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
ejd53

Post by ejd53 »

smustian wrote:Nice build but definitely not classified as a pistol since you have that butt stock on it.
Yes it is. It is classified as an arm brace by the ATF. Comes with the letter and as long as you don't shoulder it, it is classified as a pistol. That being said, I am starting the process of getting it classified as an SBR. :P
Seachaser

Post by Seachaser »

smustian wrote:Nice build but definitely not classified as a pistol since you have that butt stock on it.
Look again!:)
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Seachaser wrote:
That "stock" might be classified like a Sig Brace but visually you just open yourself up for super snoops when out in public. It would only take 1 LEO that does not know to arrest, confiscate, etc and let you prove your innocence to the judge. They will care less about classification once you put it to your shoulder (and you know you will) and cannot produce an ATF tax stamp.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

ejd53 wrote:Image

Just finished. Sort of my dream build.

Seekins Precision billet upper and lower
Seekins Precision 300 Blackout 10.5 inch barrel 1/7 twist
Odinworks Keymod Handguard
Syrac adjustable gas block
JP low mass bolt carrier group
JP captured spring buffer system
CMC 2+2 two stage trigger
KAK Shockwave Blade
Spikes Tactical Barking Spider Compensator
AXTS Talon Ambi Safety
Odinworks extended Mag Release
ERGO grip

Shoots very well (about 1/2 MOA). This is my best 5 shot group so far at just .394 MOA. Definitely a keeper.

Hey what ammo or personal load were you using?
I havent got to stretch the legs on my 8" seekins yet but am hoping it shoots as good. ( i built a pistol as well but just put a rubber bumper/ cane tip on it.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
rangertrace

Post by rangertrace »

smustian wrote:
Seachaser wrote:
That "stock" might be classified like a Sig Brace but visually you just open yourself up for super snoops when out in public. It would only take 1 LEO that does not know to arrest, confiscate, etc and let you prove your innocence to the judge. They will care less about classification once you put it to your shoulder (and you know you will) and cannot produce an ATF tax stamp.
True, but as long as he doesn't commit a crime with the gun or they don't execute a search warrant at his house for some other reason, it's highly unlikely he will have any issues. We don't go around measuring barrel lengths for the fun of it.....
RKB731

Post by RKB731 »

He shouldn't have any issues with the Shockwave. I've had the Sig arm brace on my 10.5" AR pistol since it was built and never had an issue and I shoot at a public range on a military base. Like was mentioned, just don't shoulder the gun.
NRA Life Member
HHI # 8053
SCI Member

"get busy living... or get busy dying"