FNG with first 300blk

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Jem45472

FNG with first 300blk

Post by Jem45472 »

This is my first 300, also my first time assembling a complete ar. I usually buy an assembled upper, but was willing to learn something new this time.

Spikes lower
Palmetto upper
10"Alg emr rail
Kak value line 8.5 barrel
Kak flash can
Sig sb15 on kak super tube
Holosun 503c red dot

This is my favorite build so far, also have a 8.5" 5.56 firebreather and a 16" mid length built on an 80% lower.
This build has also gotten me into reloading. I'm doing my research now, probably just gonna start with 300blk and 45acp for now. 223 and 9mm down the road.

Thanks for looking.

triehl27
Silent Operator

Re: FNG with first 300blk

Post by triehl27 »

Love the color!
2 items though,
1. Your laser appears to be shooting right into the back of your BUIS
2. Appears the forend is missing the second mounting screw. I have found that you definitely need that second screw to keep it from wobbling under recoil or shifting.

Looks like a great build!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Hi there and welcome to the club!

Lots to absorb and enjoy.
Jem45472

Post by Jem45472 »

triehl27 wrote:Love the color!
2 items though,
1. Your laser appears to be shooting right into the back of your BUIS
2. Appears the forend is missing the second mounting screw. I have found that you definitely need that second screw to keep it from wobbling under recoil or shifting.

Looks like a great build!
Good eye.
Laser just clears the front buis, rail was not attached. When I took this photo the barrel was not installed yet.
Only thing left is to order the bcg.
teegee52
Silent Operator

Post by teegee52 »

Very nice build!
Great to hear you are getting into reloading. It won't save you any money but you will sure shoot a lot more.
The Lyman 49th Edition has a great tutorial on proper practices.
Oh, Caldwell PIC brass catcher.
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

Man, that's a good looking gun! I have a 7.5 AR Stoner barrel sitting in my safe and this makes me want to get started on the build. So how does it shoot?
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
Jem45472

Post by Jem45472 »

gunguy wrote:Man, that's a good looking gun! I have a 7.5 AR Stoner barrel sitting in my safe and this makes me want to get started on the build. So how does it shoot?
I don't have a bcg yet, I'm trying to save up to buy a reloading setup. I might borrow the one from my rifle to get sighted in quick. It's hard to get a decent pic on my phone, but the burnt bronze color is very sharp. I've been wanting one in that color for a long time.

I'm in NY, so this will be all supersonic. I have to make up my mind on a zero distance. Probably going with 50 yards. Is there a better zero distance? My shooting will be pretty much all within 150 yards.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Jem45472 wrote:I'm in NY, so this will be all supersonic. I have to make up my mind on a zero distance. Probably going with 50 yards. Is there a better zero distance? My shooting will be pretty much all within 150 yards.
Depends on the bullet and velocity, but if you zero it 1.5" high at 100, you'll be within +/- 1.5" out to around 175. Somewhere around .5" high at 50.