First 300blk

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

First 300blk

Post by SwampDog_13 »

I want to start off with a thank you to all the knowledgable members on this site, I've done some serious lurking around for a little while trying to get my 300 blackout feet wet. I'm going to try my best to learn all I can from all that you guys that have already done.

This build first gained traction with me searching for something to replace my 5.56 ar on hog hunts, I do a lot of hog trapping aswell. The 5.56, especially steel core, got the job done but I often found myself having to either use multiple rounds or using my side arm to finish the job once I got to the animals. Yada yada, who am I kidding? I really just wanted to build a new riffle in a caliber I found to be cooler than hell. Those are just the excuses I told my wife :mrgreen:

For now it will handle mostly if not all supers. In the process of finishing up our gun trust to file both form 1 for the sbr and form 4 for the silencer.

BCM 9" upper with 7" keymod
Stag arms lower
Kak industries blade and buffer tube

Sorry for the lack luster photography, I was just pumped to finally be able to put the pieces together. Should be able to put the first rounds down range tomorrow and also give a report back about the s&b 124gn's.

Last edited by SwampDog_13 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zen Archery
Senior Silent Operator

Re: First build

Post by Zen Archery »

looks good. send some rounds down and see how it operates.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Re: First build

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Made a little progress this week. Added the strike eagle 1-6 and aero precision SPR mount. Weather took a turn today so I wasn't able to get out and sight it in but just looking through the glass it seems to be solid for the price. Hopefully my omega starts its sentence this week, gotta get the settlor of the trust to ride into town with me.

SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Re: First 300blk

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Well it's been a little while now that I have gotten both stamps back and being as the flood waters have settled back down to normal levels I decided to take the rifle out for a swamp hike this morning. Figured I'd dump my pictures off here. It's safe to say this rifle has become my favorite right now :P .

TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Re: First 300blk

Post by TreeTopFlier »

You sir are well armed! Very nice.
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier