BCM uppers

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

n517rv

Re: BCM uppers

Post by n517rv »

I have a new 16" BCM 300 BLK upper that I run 60 rounds through this weekend... no issues at all... she ran 100%.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I also have several 5.56 BCM uppers and they have always run great. Excellent build quality and top notch customer support.
texascavediver

Post by texascavediver »

vvhiskey wrote:New member here...

I'm seriously considering a 9" BCM upper for my first 300 BO rifle. Some helpful first hand information in this thread but I'm wondering if anyone else who has first hand experience with the BCM 300 uppers can chime in. How did it run with subs/supers suppressed? How did it run with subs/supers unsuppressed? Are you switching out buffer weights? How's the accuracy?

I'm not shy to say that I'm a BCM fanboy; all of my 556 AR uppers and lowers are BCM. I'm sure I'll be happy with the BCM in 300 but I want to know of any quirks before I buy. Thanks.
I've only run 147 grain FMJ ammo through mine so far without any problems at all. Right now, I'm using a Spikes T2 buffer with a Tubbs flat CS spring. Accuracy appears to be good, but it's hard to tell since I have to shoot it as a pistol and can't really stabilize it on my shoulder, but it does throw the pills in a fairly decent group at 25 yds. My form 1 stamp won't be here until late April and my suppressor stamp won't be here until the end of May, so I can't yet test all scenarios yet. The only real quirk I've experienced so far is that mine sure likes to eat a lot of ammo. :lol:
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

So far I've put 120 rounds of 124gr FMJ S&B and 10 rounds of Remington 120gr JHP through it on my stag lower with standard buffer with no problems what so ever. Accuracy has been alright for cheap ammo with iron sights on an "un-shoulderable" pistol. When I finally get my stamps will be the real test.

A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

Congrats.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
vvhiskey

Post by vvhiskey »

B/c I didn't see anything else about this online. The 9 inch BCM with 8 inch KMR will fit a SWR Specwar on the ASR mount with plenty of space.
DustinS

Post by DustinS »

I signed up for the email to be notified as soon as they came in stock, and when that email came I couldn't order my upper quick enough. I got the 9/8 upper (9" barrel with 8" KMR-A rail) with Mod 4 charging handle/BCG package, and have put Magpul Gen2 MBUS sights, BCM keymod short vertical grip, BCM offset scout mount with Surefire M300 Mini on it. BCM recommends a H3 buffer for super sonics, H buffer for subs

The only things I dislike about my upper, the BCM comp won't accept the Surefire suppressors (I decided on the SOCOM mini), and I'm still waiting to get an Aimpoint T-2.
GuitarGuy

Post by GuitarGuy »

Hey everyone new member here, just wanted to comment on my experience with the BCM 9 inch thus far. I've found it to be easily capable of 3.5 MOA with 147 gr Gemtech supers (I've found these to be extremely consistently loaded for "practice loads"). To date I have only shot this rifle with a T-1 2 MOA optic (non magnified) but fully expect these groups to tighten up with some glass.
fun

Post by fun »

Yes BCM makes excellent uppers. Their 9" BLK runs great and the KMR feels nice and small. 9" BLK feels smaller than a Sig MPX.
I pretty much only use BCM now. Also, their 9" upper with 8" rail will work with the Omega, but it will only work with the AAC SDN6 if you get the proper non-deep threaded mount.
Cheers.

A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

And they are the only chrome lined barrels available in 300 blackout

They do make a 7" KMR alpha rail to aide in silencer use.

The rail does feel good in the hand when shooting. I have a KMR Alpha on my rifle now and it's pretty sweet. I did paint mine.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
robbf213

Post by robbf213 »

My 9" BCM upper has been 100% reliable with any ammo, supers and subs. With and without the Surefire Genesis can. Highly recommend!
On left