AR Lower Parts Kit

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DeaneM1A
Senior Silent Operator

AR Lower Parts Kit

Post by DeaneM1A »

Hi,
I need a LPK for my build. I already have a MOE+ grip and a Geissele trigger, so if the kit comes with a grip or trigger, I will simply sell or trade them away. There are many brands, PSA, Daniel Defense, CMMG, DPMS, Stag Arms, etc. Who makes the best? Who should I stay away from?
Thank you,
Bill
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Re: AR Lower Parts Kit

Post by TMD »

Shop around on amazon and ebay. Plenty of lpk's minus trigger group for about $30. Most all use the same pins and springs.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

I've used a couple PSA kits and been happy. I think the most important part of the lower parts kit is the trigger. Since you already have a good one, any standard ol parts kit should do just fine.
danner
Silent But Deadly

Post by danner »

DeaneM1A wrote:Hi,
I need a LPK for my build. I already have a MOE+ grip and a Geissele trigger, so if the kit comes with a grip or trigger, I will simply sell or trade them away. There are many brands, PSA, Daniel Defense, CMMG, DPMS, Stag Arms, etc. Who makes the best? Who should I stay away from?
Thank you,
Bill
I don't know about "the best", but I like the WOA lower parts kit. You can get it with or w/out a trigger. It comes with the generic grip which I never use. http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/h ... er_page=50
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
sucker76
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sucker76 »

I agree with looking on Amazon. I gor a pin and spring kit for next to nothing and it came with spares.
Stamp collecting since 2015
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

All my lower parts kits have been PSA. I have had no problems with them. I have bought several of the lower parts kits from them without the trigger group. Sometimes you can get the Magpul MOE versions at a reasonable cost.

The one with the basic grip is $29.99. However, shipping is going to be $8.50. I usually will order those and a few other things to maximize my savings. I believe they limit your order to 3. I couldn't add more than 3 to my cart a little while ago.

I see right now they have the Magpul MOE flat dark earth grip lpk kit for $29.99 as well. The Magpul lpks fluctuate in price. Sometimes a certain color is on sale, other times it is priced much higher.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)
7.62X39
Silent Operator

Post by 7.62X39 »

I always buy my LPKs less the FCG and grip. I have been using these for a while now with very good success.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re ... 31-000-258
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

I have a JP LPK, I believe it was ~$35.
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

CavVet

Post by CavVet »

I have built a lot of AR's for a lot of years. I NEVER found any difference way back when.

This aint way back when anymore. They all arent made the same.

I bought a DD, and its so much different (read better) than any Ive every used.