8-9" barrel for supers and subs suppressed

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

smac61

8-9" barrel for supers and subs suppressed

Post by smac61 »

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on Noveske 300BLK gas port size and blow back running supers through a suppressor?

As much as I like the Noveske 8.5", I read the large gas port creates a lot of blowback with suppressed supers, a trade off for flawless unsuppressed subs. Do I have that right and should I consider another barrel seeing as I have no plans for unsuppressed subs?

I'm kind of leaning towards offerings from Noveske, Rainier and AAC. Suppressor is the 762 Saker FWIW...

Thanks
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Re: 8-9" barrel for supers and subs suppressed

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Only one of those 3 i have experience with is the AAC in my MPW, and i love it...eats everything i feed it, and very accurate...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
300blkfanboy

Post by 300blkfanboy »

My 8.5" Noveske barrel gas port measures 0.103". runs suppressed/unsuppressed supper/sub all fine. Seems to be a little over gassed running a suppressor though. Put a baby Genovah gas block on with a port size of 0.069" and it will now barely run subsonic suppressed. So Noveske port seems to be a bit large for suppressed only operation if that's what I understand you are after. Oh, to add that the suppressor I'm running is a SilencerCo Omega.
rpk47
Silent But Deadly

Post by rpk47 »

I have a 8.2 noveske, and have shot a 9 rainier a lot as well. Both work great out of the box and I dont have an issue with gas any more than other ARs that I have shot.

One thing you have to look out for is if they are a match barrel. Match barrels have short throat and will not like subs loaded long. I reload so its not as big of an issue but if you want ammo off the shelf to work you may have issues.

I think you can get them in non match barrels just be sure befor you buy.