JP captured spring feedback

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dvp18
Silent Operator

Re: JP captured spring feedback

Post by dvp18 »

I wasn't all that sold on the idea, but decided to try one anyway as I wanted my 300 blk to be as quiet as possible when suppressed. I was very surprised at how it performs, it does eliminate the chatter noise you get from the buffer spring, but I found that it greatly diminished the felt recoil too. I noticed that the gun didn't kick at all really with the suppressor on and after taking it off, it took me a few shots to realize the gun still wasn't kicking. I believe this is due to how smooth it cycles with the JP spring, with the standard spring and H2 buffer I could feel the spring being compressed and the jolt when the buffer came back and hit its stopping point. With the JP spring I cannot feel anything through stock, I can't feel the spring compressing and it doesn't have a hard hit when it gets all the way to the back, it just cycles perfectly smooth.

I've tried the 308 and 9mm versions too, but haven't gotten quite the same results. It does diminish recoil on those rounds but not to the same extreme as the 300 blk.
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

Dystaxia wrote:
BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:If you are LE/MIL, you can get a discount through Brownells that makes it cheaper than buying direct...otherwise, just get it from JP Rifles themselves...i love mine...i have 3 now...
Actually, if you are LE/MIL buy it direct, they give a 20% discount. :)
Awesome, thank you!!! Do I just email them?
Dystaxia
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dystaxia »

polizei1 wrote:
Dystaxia wrote:
BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:If you are LE/MIL, you can get a discount through Brownells that makes it cheaper than buying direct...otherwise, just get it from JP Rifles themselves...i love mine...i have 3 now...
Actually, if you are LE/MIL buy it direct, they give a 20% discount. :)
Awesome, thank you!!! Do I just email them?
Yeah, that's what I had to do. They will tell you it will still show as full price, but when they go to charge the CC, it will be the reduced price. Pretty awesome, and no lie, it's what sold me on trying it!
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

Thanks, appreciate the info. :mrgreen:
Shooter54

Post by Shooter54 »

Just got my can and I am looking to try one of these for maximum sound reduction on my AAC MPW 9-inch Pistol.

Seems pretty pricey but I'll give it a try.

When I spoke to them about my use, they said I should get the AR-15 heavier tungsten buffer. I don't recall picking up on this in the thread.

Anyone have a comment/recommendation on whether this is necessary. Bumps the price to $167!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

I actually run the "WHITE" spring both my JP SCS on my 9" 300BLK rigs. The standard "BLACK" would occasionally fail to "bolt hold open" on the last round. Since switching to the slightly weaker white spring, its better. I run the standard black in both my 5.56 SBR's.
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

Shooter54 wrote:Just got my can and I am looking to try one of these for maximum sound reduction on my AAC MPW 9-inch Pistol.

When I spoke to them about my use, they said I should get the AR-15 heavier tungsten buffer. I don't recall picking up on this in the thread.

Anyone have a comment/recommendation on whether this is necessary. Bumps the price to $167!

They told me something similar and actually said I might need to disassemble and change springs when swapping between super and sub loads. They didn't seem confident it would work well at all.

However based on the comments in this thread specifically with 9 inch AAC upper I might give it a shot. I have a coupon at Midwayusa that will bring it down to $121 shipped.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

Shooter54 wrote:Just got my can and I am looking to try one of these for maximum sound reduction on my AAC MPW 9-inch Pistol.

who is the ubiquitous "them"...?
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

talonxracer wrote:

who is the ubiquitous "them"...?
I would imagine he's talking about calling the manufacturer and reporting what they told him, since I got similar information from them.
Shooter54

Post by Shooter54 »

I'll try this again...
I called JP Enterprises, Inc about their "Silent Captured Spring for AR-15-type rifles"
I told JP Enterprises I wanted it for my AAC 300 blackout 9" mpw pistol and that it did not have an adjustable gas block.

The person I spoke with said I should get the AR-15 version with the Heavy (Tungsten) Buffer Mass Option (+$27.00).

My question for the group here is not what spring to get but only if those that are satisfied with this accessory in their short barrel pistol have the Tungsten option or not?

Again, thanks for your assistance,