New user, new build

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

46and2

New user, new build

Post by 46and2 »

Hello everyone, I'm new here and thought I'd post about my first AR. I'm still waiting on everything to arrive, but this is what I have on order:

Bison Armory upper - 16" black barrel, 14" SLR solo lite keymod, A2 flash hider
PSA blem lower - MOE furniture
Geiselle G2S trigger
PA Advanced micro dot w/ full co-witness riser
Diamondhead BUIS
Blue force gear VCAS padded sling with QD swivels and keymod mount

Purpose of this rifle will be hog hunting, possibly deer hunting, and operationally operating as an operator, probably as a mall ninja somewhere. :D My buddy that got me into quail hunting reloads 300BLK, and has offered to let me use his press any time and teach me how to reload. I will be taking advantage of that ASAP. I'm glad to be here and hope to learn much.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Re: New user, new build

Post by ncbowhnter »

Looks like a nice package to me. Do you have any plans for a suppressor?
46and2

Post by 46and2 »

ncbowhnter wrote:Looks like a nice package to me. Do you have any plans for a suppressor?
In the future, possibly. I've only ever shot pistols and my 10/22 before this year. A couple of weeks ago, my buddy invited me to his house for backyard trap shooting. I am hooked on that, and he took me quail hunting. Then he invited me hog hunting, and now the sickness has begun. I have my AR on order, plus I need a shotgun for clays and birds, and I want a longer-range bolt gun with scope. And of course I need a long gun safe to put it all in. :lol: So $$$ wise I am tapped out for the year with all that plus a Disney vacation planned.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

46and2 wrote:
ncbowhnter wrote:Looks like a nice package to me. Do you have any plans for a suppressor?
In the future, possibly. I've only ever shot pistols and my 10/22 before this year. A couple of weeks ago, my buddy invited me to his house for backyard trap shooting. I am hooked on that, and he took me quail hunting. Then he invited me hog hunting, and now the sickness has begun. I have my AR on order, plus I need a shotgun for clays and birds, and I want a longer-range bolt gun with scope. And of course I need a long gun safe to put it all in. :lol: So $$$ wise I am tapped out for the year with all that plus a Disney vacation planned.
Yep, thats how it all starts. Don't get a suppressor then, cause if you do you will want one for every gun you own.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

You have self diagnosed a disease which there is no cure. Join the club.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

46and2 wrote:And of course I need a long gun safe to put it all in.
Hi and welcome!

I just wanted to applaud you on recognizing the importance of keeping your firearms safe and secured. Safety is paramount with firearms even when you are not around them.

Best of luck on all of your hunting and feel free to share your new experiences, it is like a big campfire here :)
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

tallburnedmidget wrote:
46and2 wrote:And of course I need a long gun safe to put it all in.
Hi and welcome!

I just wanted to applaud you on recognizing the importance of keeping your firearms safe and secured. Safety is paramount with firearms even when you are not around them.

Best of luck on all of your hunting and feel free to share your new experiences, it is like a big campfire here :)
Yup! A campfire surrounded by enablers!
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

More like a AA meeting at a bar!!
OHPrepper7

Post by OHPrepper7 »

46and2 wrote:...
Bison Armory upper - 16" black barrel, 14" SLR solo lite keymod, A2 flash hider
PSA blem lower - MOE furniture
Geiselle G2S trigger
PA Advanced micro dot w/ full co-witness riser
Diamondhead BUIS
Blue force gear VCAS padded sling with QD swivels and keymod mount
You seem to have put your money where it matters most - a good trigger, a very decent sight, and a good sling. You have very efficient tastes - I applaud the lack of tacti-cool junk. This rifle will serve you well.

Now get a suppressor, and watch your black rifle addiction go from "occasional smoker" to "METH JUNKIE". :-P

Seriously, once you hunt suppressed, you'll never want to do anything else.
46and2

Post by 46and2 »

Thanks everyone. I have shipping notices for everything but the upper already! And that's fine because I am making a slight change on that order anyway. For those curious about PSA and their current shipping times, my PSA order was placed Friday night and got the tracking number Monday morning at 6:00. It says it will be at my FFL Thursday.