AR-15 300 BLK picture thread..........

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Re: AR-15 300 BLK picture thread..........

Post by bearcatrp »

Nothing fancy. SOTA Arms 10 inch barreled pistol with a Sig Romeo5.
Klaatu

7.5" Side charging pistol (CA Legal)

Post by Klaatu »

caw446

Post by caw446 »

Very nice build sir
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Re: 7.5" Side charging pistol (CA Legal)

Post by Flatliner »

Klaatu wrote:Image
That is really sharp? What rail is that?
Klaatu

Re: 7.5" Side charging pistol (CA Legal)

Post by Klaatu »

Flatliner wrote:That is really sharp? What rail is that?
Tacfire Ultra Slim Clamp-On Free Float 7" Quad Rail https://www.midknightoptics.com/product ... -quad-rail
daddyusmaximus

Post by daddyusmaximus »

Just updated my SBR. Went from a 7" Daniel Defense Lite rail to the 10.5" Midwest Industries M-Lok. Totally different feel with the slimmer rail. I can reach the light switch much easier now.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.
AustinBen

Post by AustinBen »

I stuck a mag in just for the pic - not one in the pipe hence the safety not being on but this was the only time it’s had a mag in it when not at the range.

This is my first build and I know it’s rediculous but that’s kinda the aim for this one- also the sights are a temporary setup as I’ve gone back to just the little red dot co-witnessed with diamondhead back-ups. I’ve got some cheapo Chinese parts on it but less than ten- 6 last time I counted- all the parts that matter are US made- the red is almost all strike industries. BCG is NiBoron Fail Zero - just installed over a spikes BCG that was not coated (correct decision?). Both have had head spacing checked. Barrel is a 9.5” BA yet I’ve kever had a single issue with cycling any type of ammo and the shells are usually flying at around 3’0ock. I did install an H2 buffer per my gunsmith’s advice but everything else was done on the fly by me and learning as I went. I bought a pistol kit but I’m the end I don’t believe I used a single part from it! Or they have been replaced along the way with superior parts anyway. The lower was a virgin stripped spikes bought from my gunsmith. Let me know if (other than sight arrangement) y’all see anything that needs to be changed- I am in Texas and have read as much as possible about the laws. I have an SBA3 coming - supposedly in June now:( And the cheek weld is just zip tied on due to the grey area of altering a brace. I do love to take this thing to the range but have a s&w 15 that I’m changing up for a more accurate long range plinker. Relatively new to this hobby so excuse my ignorance and if this hurts your eyes, I understand- it’s out there a bit but I wanted to change it up from what everyone else has. I’m soaking up more info everyday! Hope to post now and then but mainly read. Ben
Last edited by AustinBen on Thu May 03, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
AustinBen

Post by AustinBen »

To clarify- the only Chinese parts are that redic castle-nut and red buffer tube and a couple ‘oops replacement retainer springs and pins. I read somewhere ten or more non-US made parts is illegal so I’ve been careful with my purchases. The rail is a Troy battle rail. I will replace the Chinese stuff when the pistol vs milspec buffer tube is clarified but for now I’m sticking with this pistol buffer I think. The excessive rail covers are BCM and Strike but the red top rail covers are Larue. Just a handy place for the Allen wrench used on the sight.
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Here is my AR Pistol before I switched out the red dot for scope.

Kelveeno

Post by Kelveeno »

This was a lot of time and effort, but I finally got it to work. Functions reliably suppressed or unsuppressed, sub or super. Almost ready to run it thru a rifle course.

Subsonic load is 225 gr bthp on 11.4 gr Lil' Gun. Working on a supersonic load using 125 gr nosler ballistic tips