Bet you never saw one like this before. :D

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Bet you never saw one like this before. :D

Post by Suputin221 »

Just got this finished yesterday. To my knowledge nobody has ever done an underfolding stock on AR before. 8)

Test fired it today and it works great. 2-3 round bursts in FA are easy. The bufferless recoil system allows for quick and easy spring weight tuning which is great for the BLK cartridge. It also reduces OAL of the buffer tube by about 3 inches. Folded, with the can it is only 23" OAL. With a Noveski KX3 it is only 21" OAL.

The stock was built as a proof of concept to see if everything would fit and work properly. Most of it was made from bits & pieces I had lying around so it isn't as pretty or well integrated as I would like. The next step is to tweak the stock a bit to make it more comfortable and a better cheek weld. The AK stock is a bit wide and a bit long at the moment. There is lots of room to narrow and shorten the stock so that shouldn't be too difficult. Unlike the typical AK folding stock, this one actually provides a decent cheek weld on the buffer tube. The stock locks in both positions and releases with the push of a button. I plan to design a reversible stock release into the next version to make it easy to use with either hand.

Cool things about this stock: It can be folded and unfolded with the mag in place. It allows all controls to be accessed and the gun fired when folded. It all fits inside a sawzall case. 8)

C2_Drew
Silent But Deadly

Re: Bet you never saw one like this before. :D

Post by C2_Drew »

Whoa, that is sick, sick, sick!

Very nice, sir.
Designing the legacy systems of tomorrow, today!
KingIX
Silent But Deadly

Post by KingIX »

Where did that come from and how can i get one..lol stock that is

Pm me post it but i need to hear more
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I like that. I really, REALLY do! I'd be very interested in that for my SBR. One suggestion for your production model would be an attachment point at the plate for a sling. I prefer the Magpul ASAP plate myself as it allows for transition left to right without hangup.

On edit: Would you mind elaborating on the buffer-less recoil system? Maybe a few pics would be good too.
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

L1A1Rocker wrote:I like that. I really, REALLY do! I'd be very interested in that for my SBR. One suggestion for your production model would be an attachment point at the plate for a sling. I prefer the Magpul ASAP plate myself as it allows for transition left to right without hangup.
An ASAP wouldn't fit. The stock hinge sits right where the ASAP ring would be.

Where did that come from and how can i get one..lol stock that is
I built it from scratch. So it ultimately came out of the fevered depths of my brain.
KingIX
Silent But Deadly

Post by KingIX »

Ok from scratch.. your a bad man lol

did you build that tube as well.. i know gun smoke has a shorty like that but that looks nicer

How much to build me one? I have an idea similar i would like to pick your brain over seeing that you have
gotten alot further than me
Ariac
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Ariac »

Excellent design, I would be willing to purchase one if they ever came up for sale.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

freaking awesome! either post some detailed pics and give us permission to copy it or tell us when its going to be on the market
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Post by AR-300 »

very, very nice! :mrgreen: <- green with envy
PSA 10.5" & 16'' FN CHF CL 300 AAC Blackout
WhoWon
Senior Silent Operator

Post by WhoWon »

Amazing job. You are an artist. Good work.