Barrel length decision

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tangodeltakilo

Barrel length decision

Post by tangodeltakilo »

I currently have about 2-3 weeks till I receive my 7.62sd-n6, so I have been heavily thinking about purchasing a 300 blkout. The main reason for purchasing this would be for suppressed shooting, some hunting, and new primary HD ar. Based on my intended use I feel like the SBR route would be best for me, but I don’t want to wait on the SBR. I've been looking at the AAC completes and uppers. I am afraid that a 16" with the sdn6 would be to long. I would prefer a cut/pinned mount and barrel = to 16." would be what I want but don’t know if that is worth the extra expense.

My question is, are there any reasons to own two 300 blk rifles or uppers in 16" and 9"-11"?
WasDustyJacket
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Barrel length decision

Post by WasDustyJacket »

Another route would be to build an AR pistol with the shorter barrel, and go ahead and shoot it while your Form 1 is pending.

When the form 1 arrives, put on a stock and get it engraved and you are done.
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Re: Barrel length decision

Post by farm use »

Tango, sure there is a reason to have two upper in the blkout. I hope so anyway, since I do... I have a 16" noveske for my carbine and a 8" satern upper for my AR pistol. Love them both, but I do need to get my butt busy and do a SBR. I have a .223 7.5" upper for the pisol as well so I use it a lot also. But I do like both of my blkout uppers!