DPMS AAC 300 blk rifles

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

AR15Fan

Re: DPMS AAC 300 blk rifles

Post by AR15Fan »

I went to the DPMS website to see about purchasing a 300 AAC Upper assembly. When I didn't see it offered under "barrell assemblies" I inquired as to whether one would be available and if so when. I got a quick response that stated it was available, $699.00 and there was a 6-8 month lead time on ALL barrel assemblies. And BTW I like my DPMS. I don't care what others think about brand names, I've had good companies that had produced poor QC products and I've had less popular companies that I've have excellent QC products.
Savage260
Silent Operator

Post by Savage260 »

What kind of money for what?????

AR15Fan, I agree 100%. I don't like to spend money I don't have to in order to get good performance. If some thing works for me, I will use it. I don't care that it isn't the most expensive, or the nicest looking.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

On another note, I could make my own barreled upper in 6-8 months; that wait is just crazy.

Add in the near-certain election panic and you may not see it for a year.

Food for thought.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
Savage260
Silent Operator

Post by Savage260 »

MD Shooter, what money for what are you talking about? Don't get me started on waiting with DPMS! I ordered a LR260 a while back, right at the beginning of the last ammo/AR scare. They told me it was a 12 week wait. Didn't get the rifle for 2 years, 3 months XX days. Got all sorts of BS excuses, finally forgot about it completely then was surprised when it showed up. Shoots better than most bolt rifles, so I am ok with it now.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

DPMS is extremely popular and the wait is not because they are not making a ton of rifles every day. No matter how fast they make them, they always have more demand than supply.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

I owe a HUGE thanks to DPMS. Had a new build all ready to go and was waiting on a DPMS Dissipator (5.56) barrel from Midway. Anticipated date kept getting pushed back, and what would you know...a CMMG 300blk barrel became available on Midway before the dissipator did. I snagged it and it became my first .300blk rifle. I like 300blk so much, I'm not looking back. Thank You DPMS.
Savage260
Silent Operator

Post by Savage260 »

20X11, that is some funny stuff!
300BLK, yes, DPMS is pretty popular, especially in this area of the country. I really do like their products, I have had and do have a few, and they are shooters. I have never heard of a company offering a 12 week wait then all of a sudden being sooo busy they took 2 years to fill the order! I will probably buy a few more DPMS rifles, but I will never order one from them!
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Savage260 wrote:What kind of money for what?????

AR15Fan, I agree 100%. I don't like to spend money I don't have to in order to get good performance. If some thing works for me, I will use it. I don't care that it isn't the most expensive, or the nicest looking.
$ for a PEPR would be better spent at LaRue - JMHO
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Savage260 wrote:MD Shooter, what money for what are you talking about? Don't get me started on waiting with DPMS! I ordered a LR260 a while back, right at the beginning of the last ammo/AR scare. They told me it was a 12 week wait. Didn't get the rifle for 2 years, 3 months XX days. Got all sorts of BS excuses, finally forgot about it completely then was surprised when it showed up. Shoots better than most bolt rifles, so I am ok with it now.
Reason I don't own an AK: I was told way back, it was a 6 month wait. I simply am not waiting or listening to BS excuses.

You got what I want, I'll buy it. If not, I'm on to the next guy.

Guns, especially ARs are fungible goods more or less, so DPMS doesn't have anything special enough for me to wait more than a week.

YMMV

Savage260
Silent Operator

Post by Savage260 »

MD, you either don't have kids, or your patience left when your kids left the house, lol. Isn't patience a virtue? Ha!

Yea, I guess I could have wasted another $100 on a LaRue, but I don't shoot comp....yet, I am not depending on my PEPR to save my life in combat, and I don't think I will have to "bug out" soon, because the "shit hit the fan". It would be like me spending an extra couple hundred on a 20" chainsaw when my 16" does exactly what I need it to do. I understand some people NEED the "best", some people THINK they need the "best", and some people just think it makes them better if they buy the "best". I don't. Certainly nothing wrong with the LaRue if you want or need it though!

The 3 I have owned, and the 6 sets of XTR rings have never failed in any way, so until I get burned, I have no reason to switch, and no one will convince me any thing is "better" until mine do fail. I also love the 3 Dodge pickups I have owned. Lots of people tell me they aren't as good as others too, but they have never failed me!