got my DSA upper today!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

NordicG3K
Silent But Deadly

got my DSA upper today!

Post by NordicG3K »

Needing a second Blackout I ordered a stainless 16" upper from DSA back on April 26. I knew from reading posts here that these were on back order, but that gave me time to pick up parts an put together a new lower.

About a week ago I recieved an email from DSA which was identical to the email I got back in April confirming my order, but that was it. Checking with my bank I saw that DSA had just charged my credit card, so things are looking good. Now I wait for an email with shipping info, and wait, and wait... After a few days I check my order history on the DSA website and there's absolutely nothing. Not even a record of my original order. So after waiting nervously through the weekend I gave them a call today. Only a short wait on hold and then the guy that came on was very polite and helpful. He told me that my upper had shipped back on the 23rd (the day I got the email) and that it was scheduled to be delivered today. He also explained that your order history gets wiped from their website after a certain amount of time which is why I couldn't find any info. About a half hour later a big, brown truck rolls up my driveway!

The upper looks very nice! I replaced the hanguard with a Magpul MOE, and mounted a Falcon 1.5-5x. This then went on my newly assembled Spike's lower with a Vltor IMod stock and Tangdown Battlegrip. After a quick clean of the barrel I loaded up two 30-round Lancer mags of 147gn FMJ handloads, and 18 rounds of 224gn LHPs in a modified 20-round PMag. All 68 rounds ran through the gun without a hitch! I still need to pick up a Magpul BAD lever (it's amazing how you get spoiled with these things!), and some type of rear BUS. I still need to run a couple hundred more rounds through it, but I think I've found my new truck gun!

I know there's been quite a bit of grumbling over DSA's wait-time, but if you're not in a hurry it's great deal!