8" 300blk extraction issues

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

lmb7784
Silent Operator

8" 300blk extraction issues

Post by lmb7784 »

I have a grim reaper tactical 8" bbl and am having failure to extract/eject. I am shooting PNW 147gr range ammo and Rem UMC 115gr ammo. I am using a palmetto state armory premium BCG and pistol buffer tube and buffer. The buffer weighs the same as my dads carbine buffer. When shooting with a loaded mag, the fired round gets stuck between the upper and the next round. If I fire a single round, the case is stuck in the chamber. I've adjusted the gas block to no avail and inspected the BCG and extractor, all seems fine. I can hand eject rounds flawlessly. Could I need a heavier buffer to slow the bolt speed? I am at a loss. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

ETA: This is all new components. Also, when inspedting a fired case, the rim is bulged.
-k-
Industry Professional

Re: 8" 300blk extraction issues

Post by -k- »

You need an extractor O-ring or extra power extractor spring. You may need a heavier buffer as well.
Todd
lmb7784
Silent Operator

Post by lmb7784 »

After much searching I came up with the same. I've ordered a Spikes ST-T2 buffer as well as a 3-pack of BCM extractor upgrade kits. I know the ST-T2 is not quite as heavy as an H2 buffer, but BCM didn't have any in stock. Hopefully this will correct the issue. Thanks for the reply!
lmb7784
Silent Operator

Post by lmb7784 »

After installing the BCM extractor upgrade O-ring, and the T2 buffer my 8" Grim Reaper Tactical barreled AR-pistol runs like a sewing machine. Thanks for the help!