(First Build) Liberty Leonidas

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DeepSix

(First Build) Liberty Leonidas

Post by DeepSix »

Hello all, first post...

I live in Washington State where you can't have an SBR so I have been forced to go a little different direction. I know many people prefer a detachable can so it can go on multiple firearms but for me that would make my effective barrel length 22 plus inches long when attached. I have decided to build a Liberty Leonidas with an integrated suppressor to achieve a really quiet rifle with an barrel length of 17".

Liberty builds them on Daniel Defense receivers I believe. The only difference is that I am building mine on a Noveske Matched set. I'll post some pics as it comes together but I'll probably do pretty nice components on the build out. Just curious what everyone thinks...

http://www.libertycans.net/leonidas.html
Grendel65
Senior Silent Operator

Re: (First Build) Liberty Leonidas

Post by Grendel65 »

I noticed on option #1 they have a Custom fitted gas tube. What does that entail?
"The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends" The Highwaymen
longbowrecon

Post by longbowrecon »

I'm in Wa and kicking around the same idea myself. Even if we went the sbr route eventually your oal would probably come out very close and if the 118 db probably of action noise is correct that's quieter than the swappable can anyways. I just wish they had a way to clean it. What I'd love is a sig 556 in 300 blk integrally suppressed but that might as well be a gorgeous woman with a great job that doesn't nag.
jason
Silent But Deadly

Post by jason »

I'm in WA as well. I went with an AR pistol with a 9" barrel.
If/when I can legally build an SBR lower, I'll move the 9" upper over to it.

But with a cane tip on the end of the buffer tube and an angled fore grip (both perfectly legal on a pistol according to the ATF letter I carry with it), I can't tell the difference between it and an SBR.

It also meant I could shoot the pistol while waiting for the ATF to sign and stamp a form, and that I can move the can to my 16" 300 BLK AR, my 5.56 ARs, and my 300 Win Mag Remington 700.
DeepSix

Post by DeepSix »

Grendel65 wrote:I noticed on option #1 they have a Custom fitted gas tube. What does that entail?
The tube and gas block are custom from what I understand. (Again, I don't speak for the company) The suppressor goes back over both to maximize the volume. They have tuned and tested it to where it will cycle super and sub sonic ammo.
pritch

Post by pritch »

That is a really nice option for us WA folks. Of course, I already pulled the trigger on a 762SDN-6 which I should have in a few days. . . Oh well. I'm thinking pistol build for right now as well.
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I live in WA as well and I saw an interesting way to have short barrel plus removable suppressor and still comply with SBR rules.

ADCO did it as a one off for one of their customers 9mm rifles. I think they toyed with the idea of a standardized setup so they could do large runs of them, but said their other orders are keeping them too busy to actually do it at this time.

When I get the funds together I want to do a similar setup so I could use the 7.62 suppressor for my 5.56 as well. This setup would limit your suppressor choice to a thread on, or a QD that doesn't require depressing a lever at the base to remove. Plus you save the additional $200 tax stamp and wait time.