JP silent captured spring

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: JP silent captured spring

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Suputin221 wrote:The body is aluminum. The slide is steel and the plastic slide is delrin. The rubber buffer is a rubber stopper I found at Home Depot. Recoil spring is 1911.

Very very cool. I hate to ask but I'm just not visualizing how it all works together. Could you lable the parts maybe and list what the clearances are? I'm really not sure at what point the spring engages the side where the screw is. This is really a great widget, especially considering how you can taylor the spring pressure with all the available spring rates for the 1911.

Thanks.
ataris121

Post by ataris121 »

this intrests me as well.
i need to drop my spring tension a little to get my Piston to cycle better and with all the 1911 spring variants there are i could find a sweet spot
and you could post more specs that would be awesome because i bet a lot of us could DIY it up
velo555
Silent But Deadly

Post by velo555 »

That looks NICE!!
Victor Lopez
eastern_hunter
Senior Silent Operator

Post by eastern_hunter »

Slick! I can sure see how that would quiet down the noise next to your ear.

Might you share drawings w dimensions?

What strength 1911 spring did you find useful?
velo555
Silent But Deadly

Post by velo555 »

Drawings would be nice. So would any updates on the JP version.
Victor Lopez
velo555
Silent But Deadly

Post by velo555 »

JFAB wrote:Probably one of the best upgrades for the price. Very quiet and smooth.
So you have a JP silend captured spring and you like it.
Victor Lopez
Tooreal

Post by Tooreal »

Now that took a smart man to come up with something like this, especially if it (and the JP Silent Spring) are as awesome as I have heard? I put together several 300 Blackouts trying to narrow down the one that I like the best, but NONE of them make any noise when I am shooting suppressed!! Although in every Lower that I put together I install a $5.00 piece of Hard Rubber into the buffer tube before I put the spring & Buffer in there, and that may be why I'm Not hearing that "Twang Sound" like everyone else does???? I sure hope the JP Buffer does something other than make it quiet. Brownell's said they cant keep them in stock, because everybody Backorders them, then when they come in all of them are usually already sold, the customers basically prepaid for them when they put them on backorder..

I would like to know what the parts are also, and the OD, & ID & Length & width of each part.
That really does look a lot better than any other ones that I have seen someone try to make Before.

Now I really want to make one BaD.....\\

Thanks
outblack

Post by outblack »

What are the rubber pieces? I could make this in an evening, maybe. A few rough estimates on dimensions would be helpful. I do have a few 1911 springs bouncing around here...
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Here is one I made. It works great with a 20 pound 1911 spring. It works without a anti bounce weight in semi but for FA you would need one. One thing, I originally used a carbon fiber shaft and it was quiet but with the steel rod it does make about thd same noise. It does cycle quicker though.

There are minor differences in polymer lowers that prevent these dimensions from working.

Dolomite
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
BretJ
Silent Operator

Post by BretJ »

This bugger works as advertised. Had a buddy with a pretty nice home machine shop make one based on this drawing. May have to use an 15-18 pound spring though. Getting some misfires due to light strikes. I am thinking it is a bit of bolt bounce. The 20 pound spring slams the bolt shut with a lot more energy than a standard buffer.
"The opposite of hero is not villain. It is bystander."

"In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty."
Saint Aurelius Augustine

Bret