New member and just ordered an upper

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Broncs

New member and just ordered an upper

Post by Broncs »

I just wanted to say hey! I have been keeping an eye on the 300 blackout for a while and finally found the one I will be happy with (I hope!)

Is everyone that owns one happy with the 300? I have not yet fired one so am just curious!
oldpapps
Silent But Deadly

Re: New member and just ordered an upper

Post by oldpapps »

Broncs,
I am never happy with any weapon. Just satisfied for the time being.
I am very satisfied with my 300 BlackOut. Oh, it is not a finished item. Still have adjustments in hardware to make and the never ending quest for 'the best loading' or with the 300 BlackOut, loadings, plural.
I have a DSA 16 inch SS upper and it is now on it's own lower. It have never mist a beat. Always fully functioning with every thing I have fed it. The only things that I am not overly pleased with is until I put a bounce cushion on the 'brass deflector' every fired casing had it's case mouth dented in. That has been remedied (I stuck the pile part of a circle 'Velcro' patch on the deflector). And my initial loadings of 220 grain RN for barrel lapping (another subject) just didn't feel 'right' with with me. I have not done any follow up as I don't have any further need to load 220s. This is/was a very subjective opinion on my part. The point is 'I am satisfied'.

Enjoy and be safe,

OSOK
caliplt
Silent But Deadly

Re: New member and just ordered an upper

Post by caliplt »

Very happy with my CMMG 16" 300. Accuracy seems to be pretty good and is effective on hogs, which I bought the rifle for. Seems like the round is gaining quite a bit of popularity. I personally don't care though...I can make my own brass and .30 projectiles will be around for some time. I can't say the same for the 6.8.