Left Handed Upper

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Grendel65
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Left Handed Upper

Post by Grendel65 »

SpaceCoyote308 wrote:Last I checked the stag lefty uppers aren't available with m4 extensions. Have they changed this? Does the dpms lefty upper have the cut-out? Not a big deal either way is an easy fix was just curious.

I have a stag lefty upper from about 2008 it's been reliable but I don't really like having to use lefty bolt & carrier and that it will not fit in a receiver block w/o extensive mod. As long as I've got my ambi safety I'm gtg shooting right handed carbines.
Well no, a lefty bolt won't work in a righty upper, but the carrier will. The only difference is the firing pin retainer hole being champherd on the oppisite side on the forward assist notches (who uses those?), but it will work on either left or right. I myself don't switch the carriers though.
"The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends" The Highwaymen
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

The Stag LH uses a LH carrier, and unlocks in the opposite direction.
Todd
Grendel65
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Grendel65 »

-k- wrote:The Stag LH uses a LH carrier, and unlocks in the opposite direction.
Ah, that's right....I'm mean left.....anywho, I found that a right handed carrier will work with a left bolt/upper config. I prefer a lefty carrier with my lefty bolt even though we southpaws get jacked with the extra $$ every time we buy something "left-handed".
"The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends" The Highwaymen