Light strike problems

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

uptownguy2000

Light strike problems

Post by uptownguy2000 »

I've been having problems with light strikes. After changing my barnes bcg to a deadfoot arms scw mcs bcg, I still experience these 'light strikes'. I'm using reloaded brass from Georgia arms, and another reloader told me that the primers(CCI) were either seated too low or had too much shaved off. My worry is that the barrel (7.5" barnes) has had so many rounds go through it that the brass itself is seating to far into barrel. The trigger group has also been replaced with a binary only, and it did this prior to and after all changes. Being new to the forum, I'm still figuring out image uploading methods, otherwise I'd go ahead and attach a photo of the 'light strikes'. Any and all incite and information will be gratefully and humbly appreciated- Eric.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Re: Light strike problems

Post by Sig220 »

Looks like you made a lot of changes and now you are "chasing your tail" as the saying is trying to figure out the light strike issue.
First, I would try some factory ammo in your setup and see if you have the same problem. That way you eliminate the ammo issue. Second,
I would suggest you go back to the original fire control group with the original springs and see if that corrects your issue. Might want to inspect your firing pin to make sure the tip is intact. (correct length). Lastly, I would worry about the chamber/barrel. I have not seen a decent BCG that caused a light primer strike but I am still learning.

Good Luck.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Light strike problems

Post by rebel »

This is excellent advice, follow it.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.