300 pistol with supers is hammering me

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

okiecat

300 pistol with supers is hammering me

Post by okiecat »

I have a PA pistol. 10.5" with can. Shooting handholds with 150 Gold Dots and 296. It is and has always cycled and functioned fine with both supers and subs. But the supers are really hammering my face. Running SB PDW brace and shooting off bags on bench. This is my first AR. I assume Palmetto knows whats best for this gun, with respect to gas block, tubing, and bore hole. Cant really tell where brass is going because Im running a catcher on action. Guess I need to get on clear spot and shoot some to see where there going. I can hear the spring getting hammered in tube. What does it need? heavier buffer or stouter spring?
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 pistol with supers is hammering me

Post by rebel »

You're way overgassed. Most pistol gassed ARs are. Get you one of these - https://slrrifleworks.com/sentry-7-clam ... gas-block/
edit - palmetto doesn't know a thing, just assured that their stuff will cycle everything. The gas port is probably huge.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

It needs less gas, more stock and a couple kids standing in the next county to catch the brass if you take the catcher off before you cut off the gas.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
okiecat

Post by okiecat »

yep, Just the answers I was looking for. And funny too. Im already thinking about SBR form so I can put a real stock on it. Ill get an adjustable gas block ordered and pull old one off and pin gauge the hole in barrel too. Thanks guys
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Your welcome sir.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.