New to 300BLK

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Eroc223

Re: New to 300BLK

Post by Eroc223 »

dellet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 pm
Eroc223 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:57 pm Its NOT reliable for subs at all..... pistol gas is king says me......
Properly configured, carbine gas is just as reliable for subs and easier to shoot for supers. There is a very narrow window where powder choice is increased with pistol gas, but that causes over gassing for supers.

To say that carbine gas is unreliable is showing complete ignorance of the cartridge/operating system combination.
Umm no! For a average person to go buy ammo subs and supers carbine isnt reliable at all..... not everybody reloads (i do) and just wants something to work..... theres a reason the whole market went to pistol no matter the length ...... get over it.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Eroc223 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 pm
dellet wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 pm
Eroc223 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:57 pm Its NOT reliable for subs at all..... pistol gas is king says me......
Properly configured, carbine gas is just as reliable for subs and easier to shoot for supers. There is a very narrow window where powder choice is increased with pistol gas, but that causes over gassing for supers.

To say that carbine gas is unreliable is showing complete ignorance of the cartridge/operating system combination.
Umm no! For a average person to go buy ammo subs and supers carbine isnt reliable at all..... not everybody reloads (i do) and just wants something to work..... theres a reason the whole market went to pistol no matter the length ...... get over it.
Actually if the average person went to the store and bought off the shelf ammo and loaded it into the average off the shelf AR, they had very few problems.

It was the ignorant masses that thought they were either builders, handloaders or worse both, that drove the market to pistol gas. Not because it's better, but because it drew less complaints from the ill informed.

Just because it's easier, that does not make it better.

It's much easier to sell a fool what he wants, than what he needs.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

dellet wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:00 pm

It was the ignorant masses that thought they were either builders, handloaders or worse both, that drove the market to pistol gas. Not because it's better, but because it drew less complaints from the ill informed.

well that an all the crap reman ammo that was out there during the post sandy hook ammo shortages...
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
trob_205

Post by trob_205 »

Back on topic lol. For the most part we’re complete. Until I can buy another bcm lower for the SPR, my SBR lower will keep the FDE furniture and get a black bcm grip and stock when I do get it. Ended up going with the Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 as you can see. It’s my first red dot venture outside of the aimpoint world so hopefully I’m not disappointed. Currently has a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 that I use on my precision rifles. I think I mentioned before that I have a Dead Air Samdman-K waiting to be paperworked at the shop and need to get that ball rolling.