sbr buffer

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Chappy4o

sbr buffer

Post by Chappy4o »

hey all i was curious what weight of buffer i should run on my 300 SBR/pistol build (havent decided yet). I am going to be running an adjustable GB so would i be able to just run a standard carbine or an H buffer and tune it in or should i start out with something a little heavier?

Thanks
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: sbr buffer

Post by plant.one »

the standard rule of thumb is this

carbine gas sytem = carbine buffer

pistol gas system = h2 buffer

with an AGB you'll be able to bend those rules and likely get away with a lighter buffer, but you'll also probaly find yourself needing to dial the gas block up and down more often than if you were to go with the heavier buffer instead, and then do some light tuning with that in play.

a properly put together pistol gas barrel will cycle all 4 ways (suppressed/unsuppressed subs, suppressed/unsuppressed supers) with a h2 buffer and standard spring.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
bamashooter

Re: sbr buffer

Post by bamashooter »

hey all i was curious what weight of buffer i should run on my 300 SBR/pistol build (havent decided yet). I am going to be running an adjustable GB so would i be able to just run a standard carbine or an H buffer and tune it in or should i start out with something a little heavier?

Thanks

I'd just go with a H2 and call it good. But it'd be good to know barrel length, gas port diameter, supers, subs, suppressed, etc.