Silent/AR/300blk/sold as a set

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ponzer04
Silent Operator

Silent/AR/300blk/sold as a set

Post by ponzer04 »

This list is supposed to be for people looking for a setup that will work together without added research. When I was looking for my setup I was very confused on the forums as to which silencer/ gun combos work. Did I need a piston gun? Do I need a particular muzzle device? Does that silencer work if I get "this" AR with that handguard? Etc.

Feel free to trash talk any options with real critiques. I am leaning a bit towards Home Defense and recreation. If you want to put a combo that is a niche like hunting, HD, fun, ect. Ad the niche to the description and say which niches may not apply.

I went with a Spike's Tactical Compressor and am curious about other combo packages out there.

What I am looking for are combos made together or for eachother, but options that are sold separately but go together like lamb and tuna fish would work too.

All of my options are a bit more AR'ish, because that is what I like. Do not feel limited to that.

Pros and cons to options on my list would be awesome, or new additions that I don't have on my list and their pros and cons.

1. Spike's Tactical Compressor https://www.spikestactical.com/products ... compressor billet= $3099 (I paid $2600) could cheap out and do forged for $2439 these are for the short can not long that would be $300 ish more and more. I may be very biased towards this one. It is very feature rich and sub MOA and built like a tank. Barely hearing safe with the short silencer (I bought the long end cap which takes it down just a simidge more). This is the only one to come with sights. Ambi, sling attachment, sling attach at rear, heat shield unsee can, ect. It is a heavier beast but very solid. Aesthetically, there are a lot of tiny details that I feel add value.

2. Q- Honey Badger https://liveqordie.com/products/honey-badger-by-q $2999. Very light, very small and, comparing to the compressor with the short can, I assume quieter. From the reviews, and the fact that they all seem to love it but skirt the issue of accuracy and claim it to be "cqb" oriented, I guess it to be above 1 moa but less than 3 moa. If you want quiet and close and light I say this option. Less than the DD-isr by $245 after stamps. Aesthetically, this one has a very attractive and distincture look.

3.Daniel Defense ISR https://danieldefense.com/firearms/cali ... e-isr.html $3135 a one stamp kit among the few reviews I get the impression that it is finicky and not too accurate.

4. LMT CSW https://lmtdefense.com/firearms/csw $3999 The two videos I watched, from the company's words, give the impression that it is the least quiet on my list.

5. Liberty Suppressors Leonidas https://libertycans.net/leonidas/ $1723 (last prices i saw) for the upper. One stamp. I know nothing about this but youtube star Hank Strange talks his up. I feel like it would get hot real fast so perhaps not a high volume setup??

6. Noveske Gen III NSD
I don't know much about it, so I will add the link: https://www.noveske.com/collections/rifles/products/nsd

December of 2018 Sauer announced a new upper for their MCX rifles and an adapter for AR's. Here is the only info I found so far. I couldn't find it on their site
https://youtu.be/PJ5jOZ3CYOI

How would you people rate these? Are there others out there? Examples of critique points: one is better than the other and how, cheaper price point, more acurate, quiter, shorter, more feature rich, more idiot proof and how?

I would consider the ST Compressor and Q Honey Badger to be "idiot proof" seeing as they they are complete guns with silencers and almost all parts are fancyed up so there really isn't a whole lot of temptation to swap parts out right away. The ST Compressor edges out the badger in this to me as it comes with sights a complete newb can get this and take it straight to the range.
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Re: Silent/AR/300blk/sold as a set

Post by ponzer04 »

As of June 2019 Q is willing to state that as far as accuracy with the honey badger you should be getting 1 moa with supers and 2 moa with subs.

Also come on no one has input to this posting?
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

No conversation on this at all???
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

If it was me I'd build a rifle with the best quality parts.
Barrel being the most important to me and then matched upper and lower receivers with side charge.
SLR adjustable GB and handguard.
Ace stock with law tactical folding adapter.
But that's not a set.
Of the ones you mentioned I'd get the honey badger.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

This can be purchased as an SBR or pistol. They are now making their own suppressors, but I have not heard one yet. Accuracy is dimes at 100 with handloads and a X6 scope, MOA with white box Remington supers. Probably 10,000 rounds split between 2 barrels, zero malfunctions that were not ammo related, generally when testing for different manufacturers.

If you want a package, they will set you up with your specs or theirs.

https://nemoarms.com/rifles/battle-light-pistol
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

Why is an adjustable gas block such a big selling point?

I am a fan of my compressor partly because it doesn't have one and works with everything.

I haven't ever messed with one. Does it rrally change the experience? It seems like a point of failure that the user can cause to me.
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

Dellet, that Nemo sounds cool but that is just a pistol or sbr. There really isn't an option to add a silencer on that page.

Rationale for wanting the combo together is for idiot-proofness and K.I.S.S. My main examples come from military arms channel on youtube who just recently attempted to put a silencer onto a sig MPX-k and his group size opened to something like 28 moa, also when he did his video putting a silencer on a SIG Rattler sig got a hold of him and said that it wasn't designed for silencer use.

So the main points I want on this discussion are, for simplicity's sake, combos that will not fail together.

Also it would seem that noveske got out of the 2 stamp gat game...... sad face
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

ponzer04 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am Why is an adjustable gas block such a big selling point?

I am a fan of my compressor partly because it doesn't have one and works with everything.

I haven't ever messed with one. Does it rrally change the experience? It seems like a point of failure that the user can cause to me.
Yes, it changes the experience. Dialing down the gas can be easier on the brass, the rifle, and the shooter. It's not hard to see why...if, say, 8000 psi port pressure from a sub will cycle the action, 25,000 psi from a super is going to be violent.

Yes, it is one extra piece of complexity. Worth it in my opinion.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

ponzer04 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:05 am Dellet, that Nemo sounds cool but that is just a pistol or sbr. There really isn't an option to add a silencer on that page.

Rationale for wanting the combo together is for idiot-proofness and K.I.S.S. My main examples come from military arms channel on youtube who just recently attempted to put a silencer onto a sig MPX-k and his group size opened to something like 28 moa, also when he did his video putting a silencer on a SIG Rattler sig got a hold of him and said that it wasn't designed for silencer use.

So the main points I want on this discussion are, for simplicity's sake, combos that will not fail together.

Also it would seem that noveske got out of the 2 stamp gat game...... sad face
This is where internet hype and research needs to stop, and real research needs to begin. You need to develop an actual understanding of what you are looking for, how it will work and why certain things are not available or should not be combined. Most of that information is available on this forum. Sadly It can not be used as a trusted source because Most of the really sharp people on this forum have no U-Boob channel.

The main reason a Sig Rattler is not recommended for suppressed fire is because The muzzle pressure from a 5” barrel will destroy most suppressors in short order. This can also effect accuracy and possibly cause baffle strikes simply because the suppressor is not able to handle the gas flow until such time as the baffles exit the end of the can. But a 5” barrel looks cool and that’s all that matters.

If you think a company like NEMO, who makes both the rifle and the suppressor, can’t put the two together as a package, has not tested the two together, either can’t or won’t tell you the results you can expect by doing so, is just plain stupid. I’m betting they will probably add a set of sights if you ask.

Get off the keyboard, pick up the phone and actually talk to some people. Find out where you might see a demo. Find out what kind of accuracy you can expect and what they will do about it if it fails to deliver. But before you do that, you need to be able to define and articulate both what you want and what you know about the product you are seeking.

A perfect example is the question about an adjustable gas block. A knowledgeable end user wants one to be able to tune the rifle for maximum performance. A knowledgeable manufacturer does not want to include one because they know most people have no clue what to do with one and when they screw up the adjustment and the rifle won’t cycle, will blame the manufacturer and post a bunch of crap on the internet about what a piece of junk they bought.

Or just buy a Honey Badger, designed by one of the guys who brought the cartridge and SBR idea to mainstream. There will be no way to argue the quality and performance of the product. Just hope the design fits your purpose.

You are your own worst enemy, no one else can can choose something for you, that really will come down to a feel. Until you can get your top 5 choices laid out on a table I front of you, and can fire them all together, no one can tell which one you will be happiest with. Anyone who tells you otherwise is quite simply a liar.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.