new guy, new build

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Re: new guy, new build

Post by Flatliner »

First, there will always be people who say you dont need an agb, they are correct BUT your end result will be easier to tune and in general you are highly unlikely to regret the purchase. I simply wont build an ar platform without one anymore.

I have previously recommended Odin Works but no longer do so as over time I have had too many problems with them freezing up. My current project is getting the SLR.
Roverhound
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Roverhound »

Flatliner wrote:First, there will always be people who say you dont need an agb, they are correct BUT your end result will be easier to tune and in general you are highly unlikely to regret the purchase. I simply wont build an ar platform without one anymore.

I have previously recommended Odin Works but no longer do so as over time I have had too many problems with them freezing up. My current project is getting the SLR.
I have a few Odin works GB's and haven't had problems yet. The thing I really like about them is that they can be disassembled to be cleaned and there are rebuild kits for them.
I have a Superlative Arms adjustable on my 22 Nosler and wouldn't recommend really recommend them. The front gassing bleed off is an interesting concept and all and it does work but they really don't give you set up advice.
In order to use the front bleed off, the gas block has to be open more then half way, less then half way and it works as a conventional gas block by just restricting the flow in the tube. This can make it finicky to set up if you don't know this.
I plan on building another upper for my 22 Nosler using a 12 twist barrel for 25 to 45 grain bullets to get me at .204 Ruger speeds in a 22. For this I got the Odin works block.
Chappy4o

Post by Chappy4o »

i have an odin works in my .223 wylde build and it works like a champ but i noticed that odin doesnt want that block on a pistol length system for whatever reason. guess ill go with the slr
JohnXDm

Post by JohnXDm »

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

SLR on my sbr. Never an issue with a bunch of rounds downrange.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Chappy4o

Post by Chappy4o »

that second one seems pretty nifty, only problem is id have to remove 8 screws and my handguard to get to the switch