"Aw Geez" Painting the sbr

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ponzer04
Silent Operator

Re: "Aw Geez" Painting the sbr

Post by ponzer04 »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:This is a relatively new trend and I agree that people should be allowed to do what they want but I don’t agree with it.

I have a serious problem with gun owners who paint real guns like toys. Any child seeing it would think it is a toy. Every single year kids are killed because adults are careless and having a gun that looks like a toy will only encourage a child to play with it and point it at other kids.
So what I'd your limit? Toy guns come in all colors including camo. Airs oft look real as can be. Seriously what is your limit? What dumb ass kids are you around that would see a black gun and go oooooo that is real leave it alone and look one foot down on the rack and say ooo pretty colors it must be a toy so I can shoot people now.
How does it encourage kids?
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

Not too many toys are 7 ish pounds when loaded.

Oh and plus the dumb ass kid in your senario would have to load it with real bullets and charge it like you know a a a real gun
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

If a kid is mentally capable of articulating that they thought it was a toy then they are not mentally incapable of knowing full well that it was a real gun.

Lock ALL guns away in the presence of a mentally lacking person
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »

Paint job finished I think I got what I asked for thanks to http://www.tkcustomsnd.com/

Jamers99

Post by Jamers99 »

Sure, it looks cool but I think this is a mistake. Besides possibly being mistaken for an airsoft rifle or replica pellet gun by a child, teen, or even an unsuspecting adult, this trend towards making AR's look like toys could have other more sinister consequences in the wrong hands. If I saw someone in public with one of these I would probably assume it is a toy and just ignore it. Image if sophisticated criminals or even terrorists carried these into a public space unchallenged and then committed heinous acts of violence. I know you can argue they could do the same with black AR's but what if the simple fact they all looked like toys, they were able to be positioned in public spaces more easily without alarm. I just don't like this toy painting trend.

I didn't like the little pink .38 special revolvers when they first came out for women a few years back and I think this is a worse idea.
Last edited by Jamers99 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longcarbine

Post by Longcarbine »

Sorry! But that's the ugliest damn thing I've ever seen. Looks like a toy, but what ever floats your stick.
"The reason a dog has so many friends, He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I dont always listen to Black Sabbath but when I do, so do the neighbors."
Omega
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega »

I don't know, except for the green parts, it looks like a decent setup. Kind of a snow camo look, which I recall someone doing a while ago.
"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
GunFunZS
Silent But Deadly

Post by GunFunZS »

Omega wrote:I don't know, except for the green parts, it looks like a decent setup. Kind of a snow camo look, which I recall someone doing a while ago.
I like it, and I think ponzer's points all made sense. You grew up with toy guns made to look as real as possible.

I also think that you are stuck in a false perception that all guns look a certain way, i.e. wood and steel or black metal and black plastic. Modern manufacturing has no need to be limited to that, and I think it is healthy and good for guns to be made as nicely as makes sense using the methods and aesthetics currenty available, just like we would want with any other thing.

Guns are normal tools, and they need to be treated carefully, but that doesn't mean that they need to have a particular aesthetic. Let's use the popular car analogy. They are dangerous and do kill a lot of people. I think even the dumbest person is capable of realizing that even though the latest honda civic looks more or less like it was designed to be in the transformers movies, that doesn't make it any less dangerous.

Also, this will FEEL like a gun. I've handled pretty high quality airsoft, and there was never any doubt that it was not a firearm, no matter how good the looks were. Granted I know guns, but it's a real thing. People would know instantly on picking that up, that it isn't a toy. Do you really believe he is going to leave a gun with two stamps on it just laying around?

I am a firm believer, that people who are inclined to do stupid things will find a way to circumvent almost any precaution you could come up with. And vice versa. Be aware of which people are around you and lock up your stuff accordingly.
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

I'd vet wrap the neon green when wanted for hunting or anything else if I thought looking like a toy might be an issue.
Camo vet wrap works great for coyote hunting in cold ass weather.
ponzer04
Silent Operator

Post by ponzer04 »