Good Red Dot and magnifier systems

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TexasEric
Silent But Deadly

Re: Good Red Dot and magnifier systems

Post by TexasEric »

I got the Holosun HE510C-GR Elite. The coupon code was actually $50 off. I paid little over $300, after taxes and shipping.

Here are the videos I like for the Romeo series and the Holosun I got.

They are both from Alabama Arsenal. This drew my attention to the sights

Holosun 510c
https://youtu.be/CkidkACagoc

Sig Romeo series
https://youtu.be/Fuq_N129SAI
RWA007
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RWA007 »

That holosun reflex sight looks good! I'd get that over the eotech any day. I think you made a great choice and should be very happy with it!
jetfixer

Post by jetfixer »

I put a Vortex Spitfire (X3 magnification) on my .223 AR and have been pleased with it. The reticle is etched, which I wanted in case the batteries die during use. I might try it on my 300 Blk AR. I have extensively used Elcan products at work, and they are tough but also very expensive, and couldn't justify spending that amount. So, I put a Sig Romeo 5 (2 MOA dot) on my 300 Blk AR to see if I liked a red dot and have been happy with the quick acquisition of the target it provides, along with the ability to adjust the brightness intensity. It is more durable than I thought it would be. I considered a magnifier, but I have never really liked them and I can shoot decent groups at 100yds without one. However....I will probably replace the Sig Romeo 5 with a unit that has a reticle better suited for shooting super and sub-sonic rounds, like the EOTech XPS2 300.
Tacoma21

Post by Tacoma21 »

I put a PA 3X Prism scope on mine with the reticle etched for 300Blk. It's fast, lighter than my Vortex Prism and as others mentioned, I don't have to worry about the battery running out. Only thing I really like better on the Vortex is the red/green illumination.