JP silent spring buffer reconfiguration

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Tentman

JP silent spring buffer reconfiguration

Post by Tentman »

Hello Guys - I'm down in NZ and none of our suppliers here have any AR15 223 versions left. The only stock is of the JP Silent Captured Spring GEN 2 AR 9MM versions.

Would it be possible to reconfigure this unit for my 300 Blk ?? What would I need to do ??

Thanks
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Re: JP silent spring buffer reconfiguration

Post by Boolit_Head »

Very likely you would have to swap out several of the weights so unless you can buy those too you might want to rethink it.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Tentman wrote:Hello Guys - I'm down in NZ and none of our suppliers here have any AR15 223 versions left. The only stock is of the JP Silent Captured Spring GEN 2 AR 9MM versions.

Would it be possible to reconfigure this unit for my 300 Blk ?? What would I need to do ??

Thanks
Hi there and welcome!
I think not. If my memory service me correct the length of the 9mm is not long enough for an AR in 223/5.56 or 300BLK. I believe the 9mm rifles have a shorter tube therefore a shorter JP buffer. Be sure to double check on this.
BC98
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BC98 »

That likely won't work because the 9mm SCS has 4 weights (vs. 3) and the slider is longer while the tube is the same length. This limits the travel of the slider below what is needed.

To convert yours, you would have to switch to the 3 weight slider.
Tentman

Post by Tentman »

Hello - Thanks for the thoughts, after studying as many pictures as I could find I'd sorta come to the same conclusion - A JP won't work without a lot of modification. However I can also get an Armaspec Stealth, the only one available here is the H3 version, and I'm sure it can be modified with a tiny bit of time in the lathe (basically just reduce the weight of the moving parts). The actual buffer rubber will be a little out of normal spec but I think it will still function OK.