Another New Guy Checking In

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cjclemens

Another New Guy Checking In

Post by cjclemens »

Hello from Illinois, AKA the People's Republic of Chicago. I may be new to the forum, but I've been lurking here for a while. I finished my first 300BLK build just a few months ago. So far, no issues whatsoever - it runs like a champ. I just joined to say thanks for all the info I got while I was lurking here. It made the build go pretty smoothly. I wasn't even surprised when I saw brass marks on the deflector.

My 300 build almost didn't happen, for reasons I am ashamed to admit. I also lurk on a couple other sites (I don't think I need to name them), and I started believing some of the things I read there. Here in Madiganistan (other Illinois guys will get that joke), we're not allowed to have anything fun, like SBR's or cans. I almost got to thinking that 300BLK was pointless, if you couldn't run it through a suppressed SBR. Fortunately, I came across this site just in time to get straightened out. I realized it didn't necessarily have to be some be-all/do-all workhorse, and that I can still have some fun with it in a carbine built for supers. The result is as follows:

AR Stoner 16" barrel, carbine gas system
YHM low profile gas block, KAK Flash Can
Diamondhead VRS-T free float tube, Magpul MOE grip and buttstock
PSA lower parts kit w/enhanced fire control group
PSA Premium HPI/MPI bolt carrier group
Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 scope (not pictured)
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Another New Guy Checking In

Post by plant.one »

welcome from michigan, nice looking boomstick! :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

Welcome aboard.
Always good when new people come to their sences and move to the dark side.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

Welcome to the board. Looks like you built something that would put meat in the freezer and allow you to have fun in the off season. What more could you want?
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

cjclemens wrote:Hello from Illinois, AKA the People's Republic of Chicago. I may be new to the forum, but I've been lurking here for a while. I finished my first 300BLK build just a few months ago. So far, no issues whatsoever - it runs like a champ. I just joined to say thanks for all the info I got while I was lurking here. It made the build go pretty smoothly. I wasn't even surprised when I saw brass marks on the deflector.

My 300 build almost didn't happen, for reasons I am ashamed to admit. I also lurk on a couple other sites (I don't think I need to name them), and I started believing some of the things I read there. Here in Madiganistan (other Illinois guys will get that joke), we're not allowed to have anything fun, like SBR's or cans. I almost got to thinking that 300BLK was pointless, if you couldn't run it through a suppressed SBR. Fortunately, I came across this site just in time to get straightened out. I realized it didn't necessarily have to be some be-all/do-all workhorse, and that I can still have some fun with it in a carbine built for supers. The result is as follows:

AR Stoner 16" barrel, carbine gas system
YHM low profile gas block, KAK Flash Can
Diamondhead VRS-T free float tube, Magpul MOE grip and buttstock
PSA lower parts kit w/enhanced fire control group
PSA Premium HPI/MPI bolt carrier group
Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 scope (not pictured)
WELCOME Brother!

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Welcome. Glad you came to your senses. Nothing at all wrong with a BLK that isn't a do all / be all. Several of us have rifles build to do one thing well.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

I don't get the joke.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
cjclemens

Post by cjclemens »

DoubleJ wrote:I don't get the joke.
It was a jab at Illinois house speaker Mike Madigan and his fellow Chicago cronies. Left to their own devices, they'd turn Illinois into a 3rd world country in no time flat. I guess I probably shouldn't quit my dayjob to pursue a comedy career.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

Ah, Chicago politics joke, that's why I didn't get it, never paid attention to those tards when I lived out there, still don't. I did see Blago at work a while back though. I like his forwardness concerning his corruption, old school mafioso style.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
cjclemens

Post by cjclemens »

DoubleJ wrote:Ah, Chicago politics joke, that's why I didn't get it, never paid attention to those tards when I lived out there, still don't. I did see Blago at work a while back though. I like his forwardness concerning his corruption, old school mafioso style.
I feel like I have to follow what's going on there, because I believe in being educated and informed. Sometimes it does get tedious, and I feel like the less I know about it, the better off I am. I could rail about Illinois politics for hours on end, but that's a discussion for another thread.