Need help with .308 build kit mags.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

308newby

Need help with .308 build kit mags.

Post by 308newby »

Hello all. I purchased a 308 AR10 build kit from Daytona Tactical. ( At least I think it is an AR10.) I have been trying to find mags for the 308 BUT everywhere I go they ask for manufacturer of the 308. When I received the build kit there were absolutely no markings and no manufacturer name or identification of any kind.I paid cash for the kit while at and directly to Daytona Tactical.I have been trying to call and email them for some time. They are not answering their phone or emails. I am in a pickle. Cannot get mags without knowledge of manufacturer. Can anyone advise me? Thanks !
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need help with .308 build kit mags.

Post by rjacobs »

is it DPMS pattern or Armalite pattern?

Their website indicates DPMS pattern.

LR-Pmags will work as well any other DPMS pattern mag.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

Their website names the 80% lower as a DPMS pattern.

DPMS pattern .308 mags will work.

Do not buy from companies that do not reply to email.

Phone is one thing but 7 days and no return email is bad.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Daytona tactical is a decent place, I've had good experiences with them.

AR10 is Armalite. Daytona tactical doesn't sell AR10 stuff. They sell DPMS pattern stuff.

SR/LR25 or DPMS pattern mags work fine.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

go with the PMAG LR/SR mags. they feed amazing in DPMS pattern guns :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
308newby

Post by 308newby »

One question leads to another. If my kit is not an AR-10 , what is it called ? Thanks for all the help ! I appreciate it !
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

AR-10 is the generic term for a 308 in an AR style weapon. There just happens to be 2 different parts styles (Armalite or DPMS) and most are not compatible with the other. I think most parts on the market are DPMS but you have to make sure when you purchase.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

308newby wrote:One question leads to another. If my kit is not an AR-10 , what is it called ? Thanks for all the help ! I appreciate it !

Unless you have an Armalite, it's an AR308.

99.9% of the 308 AR stuff out there is not AR10. And there is no standard for any of it, so you have to pay close attention to what parts you use, even if it is all DPMS pattern. I.E.... some PSA 308 parts aren't interchangeable with others. Buffer springs and tubes are all over the map, bolt catches are all different. It can be a pain, buying a kit is the way to go.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

The best advice I could give you is to research before you buy.
If you don't know what it is you are buying it may bite you later on.
If you don't want to research then at least verify with the company that it is what you need.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

golfindia wrote:
308newby wrote:One question leads to another. If my kit is not an AR-10 , what is it called ? Thanks for all the help ! I appreciate it !

Unless you have an Armalite, it's an AR308.

99.9% of the 308 AR stuff out there is not AR10. And there is no standard for any of it, so you have to pay close attention to what parts you use, even if it is all DPMS pattern. I.E.... some PSA 308 parts aren't interchangeable with others. Buffer springs and tubes are all over the map, bolt catches are all different. It can be a pain, buying a kit is the way to go.

very much this! there is no "mil spec" when it comes to ar308's like there is for the ar-15 builds. buying a kit is a smart idea.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.