Magpul MBUS with Aero Precision handguard

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

PaperPuncher9

Magpul MBUS with Aero Precision handguard

Post by PaperPuncher9 »

FYI...I just wanted to share a quick fix to what seems to be a problem people on several different groups have run in to. This is not 300 BLK-specific, but I stumbled on this while building my 300BLK pistol. I have a set of Magpul MBUS flip-up sights to mount to my new build, which has the Aero Precision M4E1 enhanced upper and also their Quantum free-float handguard. Due to the height of the picatinny rail on top of the handguard, there is just not quite enough room to fold down the sight. The bottom of the latch does not have enough clearance to allow the sight to flip down.

Most of what I have read elsewhere resulted in people buying different sights or even using a different handguard. It literally took me about 10 seconds with a common file to knock off about 1/16" of the edges of the bottom latch at a 45-degree angle to make this work. Never overlook the obvious!
Dafeist

Re: Magpul MBUS with Aero Precision handguard

Post by Dafeist »

Exactly what I did. Easy as pie. Best handguard I've seen for the money. and it's kinda fat so it can cover those 1.5" cans.
0uTkAsT
Silent Operator

Re: Magpul MBUS with Aero Precision handguard

Post by 0uTkAsT »

I have a semi-related question... any problem with the polymer MBUS sights and exposure to heat? I'm putting together an 8" .300BLK SBR and plan to run a 9" Aero Precision rail on it, which will put my suppressor under the rail by about 1.5", just under the front sight. Anyone know if the radiant heat off the can will damage the sight?