What's up with AAC uppers?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

What's up with AAC uppers?

Post by nolwark76 »

Anyone know the scoop on AAC uppers and why they're so few out there? I realize some muslim terrorist just shot a bunch of people but before that.

I'd really like an Advanced Armament 5.56 upper to go with my 2 AAC 300 BLK uppers. Are they switching rails?

Please tell me they aren't discontinuing uppers all together as they did with the MPW. These uppers are awesome and deserve to still be in the line up. Nothing else in the Freedom Group is like these uppers/MPW.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: What's up with AAC uppers?

Post by rimshaker »

I think the main culprit was the halt in production due to AAC/Remington moving to Huntsville, AL starting in late 2014.

AAC uppers are in stock again, but I'd wait for discounts during holidays and such.
They can only produce so much. Nowhere near like the supply of the popular big names out there.

A factory AAC lower, especially an SBR, is definitely a gem to hold onto.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

rimshaker wrote:I think the main culprit was the halt in production due to AAC/Remington moving to Huntsville, AL starting in late 2014.

AAC uppers are in stock again, but I'd wait for discounts during holidays and such.
They can only produce so much. Nowhere near like the supply of the popular big names out there.

A factory AAC lower, especially an SBR, is definitely a gem to hold onto.

^^^This^^^
But somehow now that Freedom Group owns them I wouldn't be surprised if there are going to be some cost cutting measures which inadvertently will turn them into crap like everything else they touch.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

I just looked over the AAC site and now the 9" uppers and barrels are gone. What. The. Hell??!!! I'm glad I have a 9" AAC upper on an SBR lower.
Predator257

Post by Predator257 »

I just got off the phone with someone at AAC asking about parts for a build. He said that with the market being the way it's now, they are focusing on suppressors and that is why parts/uppers are not available. Probably a better profit margin, look at how much that little cylinder costs compared to a rifle of upper, almost the same price as the upper.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Did they say discontinued or just delayed?
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

nolwark76 wrote:Did they say discontinued or just delayed?
From Predator's post, it sounds like the market is flooded with AR style weapons and that the production time is better suited to items that will sell and leave the building. 41F is coming Jul 13 so many are buying suppressors to try and beat the deadline. Racks are full of AR's in all the shops anywhere near me. I saw complete rifles from $800 and up, including a $1800 Daniel Defense. Must have been 300 boxes of BLKout ammo in stock as well. Subs and supers from probably 6 different manufacturers. Spike's lowers were going for $100 and Aero Precision for $70. Plenty of each in stock.
Predator257

Post by Predator257 »

My question to him was about the possibility of buying a complete upper minus the barrel and handguard. He said "no" that they weren't going to do anything like that anymore. I asked about the complete uppers ( they only had one SBR listed on their site), if they were still going to do those or if they were just moving towards complete rifles instead. He said no, that it was just the market for suppressors right now that was keeping them so busy, so that's what they were going to concentrate on for a while to get caught up. He gave me no time frame, and not knowing anything myself at the time I asked nothing else.
Hope that helps