When does the hoarding start?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Jethro99
Silent Operator

When does the hoarding start?

Post by Jethro99 »

So it looks like I better buy my LPK now, instead of later. I wasn't going to build any more ARs but if the GOV thinks their a bad thing I most need more. I've checked some prices and as of Tuesday they hadn't went up but I would think the warehouse is still full.
The crime is not shooting poorly, the crime is not learning to shoot better.
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Re: When does the hoarding start?

Post by DutchV »

Luckily I have most of the stuff I want. My last "panic purchase" was a Ruger Single Ten and a bolt action Savage.

Magazines and common ammo will be the first to go out of stock. Complete rifles and parts take a little longer. The election is coming and that usually has an effect as well.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

I ordered some ammo and "stuff" from a popular online supplier yesterday, and talked to them today by phone today, and they said there is an extremely high volume of orders, and it would be 3 more days until they could ship it.

It has already started. :cry:

I didn't help the situation out either. :twisted:

I won't go into details, but since Monday morning at the LGS, and on the stupid internet, I've invested more than 4k but less than 6k :roll: on components and "stuff" that I NEEDED.

Now before you chastise me, I didn't "buy out" anything, or order anything that I won't use up in the next year or 2, or try to profit (too much) from, in fact I prolly shoulda bought more ......

It is a good feeling to know I don't have to fret about "stuff", for awhile at least. 8)

I have a gut feeling things are about to change, to what degree, .....
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I really bought this 8 pounds of Bullseye powder because I needed it, really I really did need it.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
jimmyheadgear
Silent But Deadly

Post by jimmyheadgear »

It's begun. This site had 2104 Lancer mags for sale on Tuesday. Today there are none.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/produc ... l?google=1
Jethro99
Silent Operator

Post by Jethro99 »

Ya, these last 3 lowers were bought to flip. I had no intention on building them up, I have 9 ARs. I just don't know if I should put a LPK in all of them or just leave them stripped and sell them later? Funny thing is I get these on Tuesday before this shit happened and last time (Sandy Hook) I got 2 lowers the Saturday before it happened.
The crime is not shooting poorly, the crime is not learning to shoot better.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

I spent a good chunk of change at powder Valley. Bought enough to get me through a year or so.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
AuburnBlack

Post by AuburnBlack »

I'm still seeing plenty of twenty rounder's out there. Went into Gander Mountain in Alabama yesterday, all economy 30 rounders and 30 pmags were gone, the more expensive ($34.99) blackhawk 30's were still available.

I actually just went in to check the pulse of things. Did buy (1) 20 round pmag to complete my set of 5. No idea why I bought 4 in the first place? OCD took a day off I guess.

Bought 2 stripped lowers on Sunday. 1/2 panic buy, I had been meaning to do it for awhile.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

The Panic really hasn't started, I've been into 2 gun shops in last couple days. And they still got AR15s on the Shelf and ammo in the case. Matter of fact one of them, I was the only customer in there at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

We have had several panics in short succession the past few years, everyone has more or less acquired everything they "need", you will see some uptick, but it wont match the previous panics unless the communist democrats or King Hussein go all jihad on the constitution.

I have already laid in enough consumables for probably the rest of my life's worth of shooting.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap