It begins again

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TMD
Silent But Deadly

Re: It begins again

Post by TMD »

And there it is. Big O just got done with his press conference. No mention of Muslim Extremist or ISIS but damn sure bitched about how easy it is to get a gun in America. Imagine that....
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

The gunman's father claimed the massacre "had nothing to do with religion."

Then what was it about?
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

plant.one wrote:
rebel wrote: I saw Brokaw blather on this morning as well. Even heard him say AR-14 once. Not trying to be morbid, or distract from the loss of lives, but 50 dead sounds like a very determined individual who had practiced and planned. I just have a hard time believing,even in that setting, that spray and pray could result in that many deaths. In any case, bad stuff, very bad.
if it was a packed nightclub... spray and pray could fairly easily end up with that kind of carnage.

a couple of the clubs i used to go to when i was in college, if you were on the dancefloor - it was quite literally all but shoulder to shoulder at times.

if the place was anywhere near capacity.... you wouldnt even have to aim. just point and shoot.
My point was , no matter how packed, spray and pray would have yielded more wounded than killed. This was aimed,deliberate fire.
So this is how many terrorist acts on our soil since 911? I know this, I hope folks take pause when selling firearms to an individual that is questionable.
The 2cd applies to a law abiding citizen. Apparently, this guy was. Slippery slope when dealing with this. Just not sure where liberty gets trashed because we are scared someone has been radicalized by a bunch of a-holes. Mccarthyism is a pretty scary prospect - as scary as Mag limits and Brady Bills. Yet once again, as the OP said, here we are - again.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

you're probably right, it'll be interesting to see what comes out with this guys background as this progresses - and more importantly his travel history.

apparently he was on the radar with the feds a couple years back for sketchy ties and talking crazyguy stuff at work, so co-workers called and alerted about him... but they werent able to link anything so they stopped looking at him. there may have been several investigations on this dude's sketchy associations.

i saw the BATFE say at one of the press conferences that he purchased (legally) a long gun and a handgun within the last couple days, but didnt say if they were the weapons used at this point, or if he owned any other firearms. "the investigation is ongoing"
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

The jihadist called 911 just prior to his attack in Orlando and claimed allegiance to ISIS and the attack was in their name. Witness's from inside said he was yelling "Allah Akbar" as he was shooting.

The liberal media are doing everything they can do to not report what has been released and or discovered that has any ties to islam, the media is apoplectic that the jihadist attack doesn't fit their agenda.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

tXr wrote:The jihadist called 911 just prior to his attack in Orlando and claimed allegiance to ISIS and the attack was in their name. Witness's from inside said he was yelling "Allah Akbar" as he was shooting.

The liberal media are doing everything they can do to not report what has been released and or discovered that has any ties to islam, the media is apoplectic that the jihadist attack doesn't fit their agenda.
I rarely watch NBC news or CNBC but may give them a look the next day or so to see how they are reporting this. An FBI release of the 911 call will definitely not fit their agenda.

I'd love to hear them say "If we only had a couple CCW holders there". Never happen on CNBC.
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

CBS just announced the 911 call and that the shooter had claimed to be doing this for ISIS. Didn't expect it from them anymore than NBC or CNBC.
vz58
Silent But Deadly

Post by vz58 »

rebel wrote:
plant.one wrote:
rebel wrote: I saw Brokaw blather on this morning as well. Even heard him say AR-14 once. Not trying to be morbid, or distract from the loss of lives, but 50 dead sounds like a very determined individual who had practiced and planned. I just have a hard time believing,even in that setting, that spray and pray could result in that many deaths. In any case, bad stuff, very bad.
if it was a packed nightclub... spray and pray could fairly easily end up with that kind of carnage.

a couple of the clubs i used to go to when i was in college, if you were on the dancefloor - it was quite literally all but shoulder to shoulder at times.

if the place was anywhere near capacity.... you wouldnt even have to aim. just point and shoot.
My point was , no matter how packed, spray and pray would have yielded more wounded than killed. This was aimed,deliberate fire.
So this is how many terrorist acts on our soil since 911? I know this, I hope folks take pause when selling firearms to an individual that is questionable.
The 2cd applies to a law abiding citizen. Apparently, this guy was. Slippery slope when dealing with this. Just not sure where liberty gets trashed because we are scared someone has been radicalized by a bunch of a-holes. Mccarthyism is a pretty scary prospect - as scary as Mag limits and Brady Bills. Yet once again, as the OP said, here we are - again.

Too many killed vs wounded. Spray and pray would yield many more arms, legs and minor torso hits.

This was aimed deliberate fire.
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

Let's see,,,, the FBI had reasons to investigate the Boston bombers, the San Bernardino terrorist couple and now this Orlando ISIS shooter and in each case the FBI couldn't find anything or were simply negligent in their follow thru, well then the FBI is truly useless as tit's on a bore hog and they should all be fired.

Federal Bunglers & Instigators........ Sure looks like anyone with islamist leanings with an IQ over 50 isn't targeted by the FBI due to their inept tactics of using bloated sting operations looking for headlines, while the real jihadists, those who are actually smart and dangerous, are checked out and simply let free to reign terror whenever they desire.

What a bunch of morons, it would be classic keystone cop comedy if the results of their ineptitude wasn't so tragic!
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Here are some things I have gathered from reading multiple reports.

Islamist terrorist Omar Mateen called 911 and claimed he was doing this for the Islamic state prior to killing the security and entry to the club.

Shooter had been questioned multiple times for terrorist ties by fbi, yet nothing else was done.

Shooter was a registered democrat and voted absentee in 2008 and 2012.

Islam believes that homosexuality is an abomination.

Islam religion says they can kill anyone who does not believe in islam. This includes Christians and budhists and any other religion.

Father has some sort of web program.

This happened in a gun free zone.

Shooter locked doors at closing time trapping people in there with him. High body counts could be attributed to the fact that it took swat 3 hours after the shooting started to breach and clear the building, thus allowing the shooter essentially free reign to do as he pleased for an extended period of time.

Obama said this shooting is a reminder of how easy it is for someone to get a hold of a weapon that could kill people in a 'school, or a house of worship, or a movie theater, or in a nightclub'.

The entire time failing to mention Islamic terrorism.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.