Lowers in bulk

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

1975carman
Senior Silent Operator

Lowers in bulk

Post by 1975carman »

Anyone know of a place that will sell lowers in bulk? Looking for 50. Not 80%ers. Trying to find them for $30 a piece. Then mailed to my FFL and transferred to me. He only charges $10/each on multiple lowers.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lowers in bulk

Post by Guest762 »

If you buy that many at a time the dealer must notify law enforcement and they will more than likely show up and make you prove your not a dealer.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Guest762 wrote:If you buy that many at a time the dealer must notify law enforcement and they will more than likely show up and make you prove your not a dealer.

Where is this codified? Which LE branch is checking FFL licenses besides the ATF?
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

golfindia wrote:
Guest762 wrote:If you buy that many at a time the dealer must notify law enforcement and they will more than likely show up and make you prove your not a dealer.

Where is this codified? Which LE branch is checking FFL licenses besides the ATF?
I have no idea but my buddy that works at a ffl has told me if I buy more than 5 in a week he has to report it. He didn't say who to and I didn't ask.
keith13b
Senior Silent Operator

Post by keith13b »

Palmetto State Armory (PSA) used to sell ten packs around the holidays - want to say they were $350 + free shipping.

I have bought multiple firearms at a time, but it's just another form the FLL fills out. They won't like you, and the wait time increases significantly for the call in, but no one shows up at your door. I believe your info on the second form is sent to local law enforcement and they have 10 days to review it. If your butt is squeaky clean you shouldn't have a problem. I didn't.

But seriously 50? I'd be buying 10-packs spread out of the course of a few weeks. I know the elections are going to cause panic buying, but be careful. That does look shady as hell.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Guest762 wrote:
golfindia wrote:

I have no idea but my buddy that works at a ffl has told me if I buy more than 5 in a week he has to report it. He didn't say who to and I didn't ask.
You should change FFLs/buddies.
IMGrunt
Silent But Deadly

Post by IMGrunt »

There is an FFL reporting requirement to ATF...not local LE.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/fac ... -reporting
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." -- Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Where is this codified? Which LE branch is checking FFL licenses besides the ATF?[/quote]

I have no idea but my buddy that works at a ffl has told me if I buy more than 5 in a week he has to report it. He didn't say who to and I didn't ask.[/quote]

You should change FFLs/buddies.[/quote]
Hummmmmmmm that post above kind of clarifies who should do what!
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Guest762 wrote:Where is this codified? Which LE branch is checking FFL licenses besides the ATF?
I have no idea but my buddy that works at a ffl has told me if I buy more than 5 in a week he has to report it. He didn't say who to and I didn't ask.[/quote]

Hummmmmmmm that post above kind of clarifies who should do what![/quote]

HANDGUNS.....

Lowers aren't handguns. And if you live in communist Arizona, NM, TX or CA, that's a shame.
Last edited by golfindia on Sun May 15, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

golfindia wrote:
Guest762 wrote:Where is this codified? Which LE branch is checking FFL licenses besides the ATF?
Hummmmmmmm that post above kind of clarifies who should do what![/quote]

HANDGUNS.....

Lowers aren't handguns.[/quote]

You might want to check your facts. A stripped lower can be built into a pistol and sooooooo.....