How far can you shoot subs?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: How far can you shoot subs?

Post by rebel »

C'mon Guest, back off. Nobody ignored anything you did. You just never posted a 200 yarder to compare. Besides Cert hast posted a 300 yarder that will whip my best 200 yard group by half. Don't get ugly as this has been a pretty neat thread up till now. I would appreciate it.
Not like we get a medal. Just a bottle of mustard.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

All I'm saying is I could see where this was headed and tried to expand it to give more shooters an option and a way to participate and all I heard was crickets. And I'm not knocking Certs groups,they are very impressive,I'm just saying that shooting off a bench really has no practical application,other than just that,a bench rest competition. I haven't seen much game that will let you take a couple rounds of sighters before you take your "official" shot. Sorry I'm such an ass,but if it doesn't have real world application then to me its just useless. Y'all do whatever you want ,it's not going to bother me,just wanted to do the told you so dance for a minute.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

Last edited by certifiable on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Guest762 wrote:I wish Yoda or Obie Jaun would come spend a week and show me all these finer points of the Swartz but until then........I propose a run what you brung @ 300 category.

300 yards
NO sighters(yes you read that right)
5 rounds (first 5 of the day)
12"x12"ish target (steel would be good but whatever you got)

Poll:
A. Share this thread
B. Start a new thread
C. Rebel will still have problems.
C.1. Yoda will still win
D. Your an idiot get back on the short bus.

You can pick one or all of the categories.

300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

If it goes beyond 200 yards I'm out. That's all my local range goes out to. Next closest range is 200 yards as well. Local range is in process of remodeling the whole complex and a 500 yard lane is being built but it will be another 2 years or so until its done.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

As I said if people want to show what they can do beyond 200, by all means post it for some bragging rights. Everyone had great ideas on alternate distances and methods. Lets just keep it as is for now, as only a few guys have even gotten 5 of 5 on the card.

This wasnt thoughtup by one person, almost everyone who has participated has had one of their suggestions implemented in forming the standards for the mustard grab.

Ok, lets get back to shooting these damn 3x5 cards.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

certifiable wrote:
Guest762 wrote:All I'm saying is I could see where this was headed and tried to expand it to give more shooters an option and a way to participate and all I heard was crickets. And I'm not knocking Certs groups,they are very impressive,I'm just saying that shooting off a bench really has no practical application,other than just that,a bench rest competition. I haven't seen much game that will let you take a couple rounds of sighters before you take your "official" shot. Sorry I'm such an ass,but if it doesn't have real world application then to me its just useless. Y'all do whatever you want ,it's not going to bother me,just wanted to do the told you so dance for a minute.
I did not realize this thread was all about practical application. Thought it was more geared towards pushing the conceived limits of subsonic load capability. As far as practical application goes, I can't imagine an ethical hunter attempting to take game beyond 50-100 yds with a sub loads simply because of the rounds trajectory. I thought this was a "run what ya brung" type of challenge and haven't balked about others beating me out with their bolt guns using 16x magnification against my AR with 4x.
The entire concept of this thread for me is to push my individual abilities as a shooter and hand loader. If you feel slighted in some way, perhaps you should call Oprah.
Why would I want to call your mom?
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Really guys, how about we settle down and not ruin the thread for the rest of us. If you really NEED to argue then take it to PMs.

What we don't need is another thread full of drama that only drives a wedge between two gun owners. It is a very dangerous time for gun owners so we need to stand with each other right now as GUN OWNERS and not try to separate ourselves into the smallest groups possible. We are all unique individuals but we are also gun owners so can we at least try to get along amongst ourselves. Just because one person likes a particular firearm or particular way to shoot who are we to judge them for what they enjoy. I am just happy someone else is getting to shoot and hopefully they can share some valuable information.

Another reason I hate drama is good information or a good question might not be shared because of this as well. Every day the caliber gets more popular. And every day we get new members who come here asking us for help. Think of that, complete strangers from across the globe are coming to this little slice of the internet to ask US for help because WE are the experts, all of us. So when a new member sees two old timers going at it they probably will not risk it and move on to another sight leaving us to argue amongst ourselves. And it is the new members that helps the site grow and thus making it better.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:Really guys, how about we settle down and not ruin the thread for the rest of us. If you really NEED to argue then take it to PMs.

What we don't need is another thread full of drama that only drives a wedge between two gun owners. It is a very dangerous time for gun owners so we need to stand with each other right now as GUN OWNERS and not try to separate ourselves into the smallest groups possible. We are all unique individuals but we are also gun owners so can we at least try to get along amongst ourselves. Just because one person likes a particular firearm or particular way to shoot who are we to judge them for what they enjoy. I am just happy someone else is getting to shoot and hopefully they can share some valuable information.

Another reason I hate drama is good information or a good question might not be shared because of this as well. Every day the caliber gets more popular. And every day we get new members who come here asking us for help. Think of that, complete strangers from across the globe are coming to this little slice of the internet to ask US for help because WE are the experts, all of us. So when a new member sees two old timers going at it they probably will not risk it and move on to another sight leaving us to argue amongst ourselves. And it is the new members that helps the site grow and thus making it better.
Thanks Dolomite.

Opened this hoping to see a target from you. The good words are a pleasant and refreshing reminder of why I spend time here.

Doesn't get you off the hook for a target tho :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

It is with deepest regrets that I announce that life got in the way this month and I will not be posting a target. :cry: