Upgrade your trigger?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Upgrade your trigger?

Post by Hardrockshot »

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/0 ... r-roundup/

This is a nice article written on drop-in triggers.

Which one do you want?
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
NannySlayer
Silent Operator

Re: Upgrade your trigger?

Post by NannySlayer »

If you like light crisp single stage triggers get the giessel S3G. It is the cat's ass!
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I put a G2S in my SBR and I am pretty happy with it.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

A while back my LGS had some #3 and #4 POF triggers with KNS pins kits for $129 and a bought a few. Wish I had bought more. The ranked middle of the pack but at that price its hard to beat.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

There are many different choices that one couldn't go wrong with. The POF, Timney and Gieselle are great triggers. I use the Timney in my percision gun and a Gieselle g2s in the SBR and I really like them both.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

Invest in a 1/4-28 tap and set screw as you order a ALG ACT trigger, the best trigger for the money hands down!
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

The Larue Tactical MBT (Meticulously Built Trigger) was on Christmas Special for $125. I bought two of them and they are EXCELLENT. They limited the purchase to 2 each, but I wish I would have had my wife order a couple as well.

I have shot or owned many triggers. Several different models and configs of these......

Geissele
Timney
Wilson
POF
ALG
ELF
CMC
Black Rain Ord

and I consider the MBT the best I have ever owned. I am NOT a FAN BOY either. I think much of Larues stuff is over priced, but these MBT triggers are truly awesome. It should also be noted that they come with 2 sets of springs so you can set them up for a best rest rifle, or a tactical rig.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

I also bought a couple of MBTs during the sale. Best triggers I have. They feel better, with a crisper break, than my SSA and SSA-E. I'll be buying a couple more the next time they go on sale.

EDIT: Just noticed that they are now constantly on sale from LaRue for $125 provided you don't mind a long, backordered, wait.
Overton-AR wrote:The Larue Tactical MBT (Meticulously Built Trigger) was on Christmas Special for $125. I bought two of them and they are EXCELLENT. They limited the purchase to 2 each, but I wish I would have had my wife order a couple as well.

I have shot or owned many triggers. Several different models and configs of these......

Geissele
Timney
Wilson
POF
ALG
ELF
CMC
Black Rain Ord

and I consider the MBT the best I have ever owned. I am NOT a FAN BOY either. I think much of Larues stuff is over priced, but these MBT triggers are truly awesome. It should also be noted that they come with 2 sets of springs so you can set them up for a best rest rifle, or a tactical rig.
Last edited by tfbit on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

NannySlayer wrote:If you like light crisp single stage triggers get the giessel S3G. It is the cat's ass!
I have the S(D)3G as well, and love it.

If you actually read the review, the S(D)3G would come 12th out of the 14 drop in triggers in terms of it's creep, etc.

The point: Yes, the S(D)3G is an awesome trigger and almost no one disputes it. Drop ins might be better (for whatever reason). I don't believe that most drop ins can be adjusted for trigger pull weight (at least not significantly), and to me that is the value of the S(D)3G - add the JP yellow trigger springs and WOW...
cmcleod
Silent Operator

Post by cmcleod »

I got a RRA 2-stage for $70, and it was a good upgrade over mil-spec. I know people have had issues with them, but it has worked for me flawlessly and took a few deer. It is, however, a 4.5lb second stage (Unless you run the Varmint).

Just ordered the MBT and can't wait to run it this hunting season. The 2lb second stage is going to be sweet.