Donald Trump JR...This guy is one of us. Shoots, hunts, reloads...CCW

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tXr
Silent But Deadly

Re: Donald Trump JR...This guy is one of us. Shoots, hunts, reloads...CCW

Post by tXr »

bangbangping wrote:
A-Game wrote:Cruz in my opinion would make a ... better friend to the constitution and the 2nd amendment
Yup. Not even close.

If Trump wins, I'll kick his ass if doesn't nominate Cruz to replace Scalia. Forty years on SCOTUS might even be better for the country than 4-8 years as president.
Now that would be a very excellent outcome!
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

tXr wrote:
bangbangping wrote:
A-Game wrote:Cruz in my opinion would make a ... better friend to the constitution and the 2nd amendment
Yup. Not even close.

If Trump wins, I'll kick his ass if doesn't nominate Cruz to replace Scalia. Forty years on SCOTUS might even be better for the country than 4-8 years as president.
Now that would be a very excellent outcome!
Which one...Cruz on SCOTUS or kicking Trump's ass? :lol:
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

I don't see how Trump could call Cruz a nasty guy and a liar countless times and then turn around and nominate him for the Supreme Court, but I guess he does do his share of flip flopping already, so what's one more flip?
stengun
Senior Silent Operator

Post by stengun »

Howdy,

The only problem with appointing Cruz to the SC is the fact that Cruz has already stated he would put his religious beliefs before the US Constitution.

This goes directly against the USC and the beliefs of Our Founding Fathers.

Paul
I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill & Hillary National Airport!!!
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

stengun wrote:Howdy,

The only problem with appointing Cruz to the SC is the fact that Cruz has already stated he would put his religious beliefs before the US Constitution.

Paul
Do you have a source to his actual quote? I tried googling "ted cruz religious beliefs before constitution", but all I got were op eds from websites such as salon.com and huffingtonpost, so not exactly objective, or very trustworthy.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

392heminut wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:

Trump has motivated a lot of democrats to vote for him in the republican primaries, who will then vote against him in the general election in November.
I don't know about your state, but here in New Mexico you have to be a registered republican to vote for anyone on the republican ticket in the primaries. Same for the democrats. If you're independent you can't vote at all in the primaries.
Same here in Pennsylvania
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

Some states have open primaries... Trump tends to do better in those states. And it's not like democrats never change their registration in order to screw with the republican primaries.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Paul
You are going to have to provide some proof or your accusation. In searching all I find is a bunch of liberal anti christian sites misinterpreting, on purpose, and misquoting Cruz on the subject.

Taking into account his stand for the Constitution above anyone who has run in this cycle, my initial thought is you simply do not like those of the Christian faith to have any say in our country. I may be wrong, but your statement with no facts and what "facts" I have found contradict your "facts" lead me to that opinion.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I will tell you what, I will save you the trouble of looking up the quote. Here is the quote from Ted Cruz:

Ted Cruz wrote: I’m a Christian first, American second, conservative third and Republican fourth. I’ll tell ya, there are a whole lot of people in this country that feel exactly the same way.
Now you tell me how you and all the anti Christian types can take that quote and claim Ted Cruz will abandon the Constitution? Especially considering again that of the entire crowd running, he is the only one with a consistent record of upholding the Constitution.

I think you have been brain washed. And if your next clam is that you are a Christian, well you will have to forgive my skepticism.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Paul
While I am at it, I bet you think the Founding Fathers were a bunch of agnostics or Deists, don't you?

If so I challenge you to back that up also. Start with just the signers of the Declaration of Independence. then move on to the continental congress

If the founding fathers were so against religion then why the 1st amendment, why did Washington and the continental congress push for Chaplains?

History has been so perverted, and so many "smart" people have fallen right into the lies.

But as long as Christians who don't want to hide their faith get no say in this country then I suppose you are OK with that.